Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Inheriting from BIS "put" and using custom "put" munitions  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net

Having difficulty inheriting from BIS "Put" weapon and using custom put munitions for mp mod

The following effects occur, with varying config attempts

1) Placed object is invisible
2) No sound on detonation
3) No action on placed object.

What i don't want to do is go down the path of createvehicle at the "put" object location.

Has anybody managed to accomplish this ?
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Inheriting from BIS "put" and using custom "put" munitions
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2007, 20:18:17 »
According to the ArmA weapons config the Put weapon (class Put) inherits from Default.

Apart from that it defines various muzzles for itself and other related weapons:  "PutMuzzle", "TimeBombMuzzle", "PipeBombMuzzle", "MineMuzzle" and "MineEMuzzle".

Maybe you need to define a muzzle for your custom 'put' munition, its just a guess though.   :D

The actual weapons TimeBomb, PipeBomb, Mine and MineE have their own separate config definitions which also inherit from Default, so I guess the Put class is just for defining the muzzles, its own and for those other weapons above.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2007, 09:48:13 »
The was this same MP problem with custom Put and Throw weapons in OFP as well (nothing to do with from what they inherit from)..
Most Mods for example just used the default Put and Throw weapons adding their own in them.

However, I recently ran into this problem and it was fixed by using the requiredAddons correctly, as it was in OFP in many cases.

My situation was that in a addon C config a Throw weapon was defined as well as a man carrying it.
Now, the man was based on a man defined in addon A who carried other weapons defined in addon B, so to avoid errors and so on I had to add the addons A and B into the addon C's requiredAddons list.

Code: [Select]
class CfgPatches
{
class myaddon_C
{
units[]={};
weapons[]={};
requiredAddons[]={"myaddon_A","myaddon_B"};
};
};

Of course for singular addons this won't help in which case IIRC you need to pay attention to few tokens of your throw weapon class (scopeWeapon=0, scopeMagazine=0, valueWeapon=0, typeWeapon=0..); take a look at KyleSarniks Grenade Pack for OFP, it has working custom Throw weapons I think..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2007, 21:49:05 »
thanks for the input folks, in the end it turned out to be an inheritance problem
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123