Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: saveStatus problem  (Read 950 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
saveStatus problem
« on: 12 Nov 2007, 11:40:30 »
I'm working on a campaign, and I want use the saveStatus command to save the weapons of the player and the weapons and health status of their men. I did it many times in OFP, but now I found a problem in ArmA:

In the last minute of a mission I positioning my men (send them to an exact location) and the I fight and the mission ended (player and his men saveStatus). In the next mission's init.sqs I use loadStatus. For player it's working always, but for men tot exactly: they got the weapons from the previous mission, but a few of them are layingon the ground as a dead men, but they are alive(!!!) They move their eyes, but they didn't move. And they speak: if I go anywhere they always shouting: "Where are you?".

What is this?
Fix bayonet!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: saveStatus problem
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2007, 13:09:47 »
I've had similar problems inthe past. Maybe if you check out my thread here it might give you some pointers:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=29769.0

Mind, saveStatus is bugged together with saveVar and loadVar in the sense that for instance reverting to a previous point in the campaign won't change the variables saved like this! So if you in one mission lose a lot of soldiers, but go on to the next, and then decide "nah, I want my soldiers back" and revert to the previous mission, you'll start out with the exact same equipment/soldiers you had when you last used the saveStatus!

I'm sure there's a way around this, but...yes...good luck!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"