Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Wolfrug's Dynamic Sound AI (RUG DSAI) -> beta 0.3 out now!  (Read 16851 times)

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Wolfrug's Dynamic Sound AI (RUG DSAI) -> beta 0.2 out now!
« Reply #30 on: 29 Nov 2007, 23:46:08 »
Version 0.3 out. Also revamped the front page of this, looks a bit better now. Even has proper readme and version history now!  :D

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline tedbell

• Members
Re: Wolfrug's Dynamic Sound AI (RUG DSAI) -> beta 0.3 out now!
« Reply #31 on: 30 Nov 2007, 04:34:42 »
Great update - thanks! Why are the first two groups - (units aPgrp), (units bPgrp) in parenthesis, while other units are not? Just curious.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
« Reply #32 on: 30 Nov 2007, 10:09:45 »
I guess just to show burgeoning mission-makers they don't need the parenthesises.  :D Or I forgot to write them there. No reason really, hehe.

@Bracks: How's that ArmA.rpt file coming along? This new update has a miiinor MP change, adding a if (isServer) exitWith {} at the beginning of the init scripts, since Spooner told me that'd be a good idea.  :blink:
Don't know if that's going to help though. :D

As always, feedback and such much welcome!

Wolfrug out.

Offline Bracks

• Members
« Reply #33 on: 30 Nov 2007, 11:36:49 »
Sorry, the server is at my friends, which is 3/4 of an hour away and sadly they have not responded to my email yet.  But I head up there Sunday (your Sat) so I will get them for sure then (and hopefully also test the new ones :)).

Will Pm you it when I get it, I just hope they are not errors in something else .. but I will test more when I have it in front of me with and without your scripts in afew different missions. :).... anyway, keep up the good work!

Offline Dobermann

• Members
  • Ready to disturb you anytime
« Reply #34 on: 09 Dec 2007, 01:59:16 »

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
« Reply #35 on: 09 Dec 2007, 11:17:58 »
Ooh, nice!

See, the reason for having only X amounts of scripts in my package presently is just that: there're only so many different sounds to be had! If there's a big amount of new sounds, I could easily add another script-check that adds those sounds according to situation. :)

With the feedback I've gotten from the Addon version I'm probably going to upgrade the scripts/addon to v.0.45 soon, which will hopefully lessen any possible CTDs and particularly make the addon-version more compatible and modular.

Send me 'em sounds and I can set 'em up!  :D Unless you want to make a competing DSAI, in which case...err...well, that'd just be silly, really. But if you have script suggestions and/or other such stuffies, I'm all ears.  :D

Wolfrug out.

Offline Dobermann

• Members
  • Ready to disturb you anytime
« Reply #36 on: 11 Dec 2007, 16:31:22 »
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2007, 17:51:16 by Dobermann »

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #37 on: 11 Dec 2007, 18:53:27 »
Two words:  Immersion and Chaos! 

I love immersion and chaos, and this resource really adds to both.  I'll definitely use it.

Thanks for all the hard work.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
« Reply #38 on: 11 Dec 2007, 21:58:49 »
@johnny

Suggestions for improvements and such always welcome.  :yes: I've been busy working on the addon version lately, but a bunch of those improvements will definitely make it to the script version too ;)

@Dobermann

Waiting for it :D Should be cool!

Wolfrug out.

Offline Barbolani

• Members
« Reply #39 on: 05 Jan 2008, 15:02:17 »
Man, Im having lots of trouble trying to implement your scriptset to my mission. The only thing I modified is the init.sqs, just with this:
;RUG_TerminalDistance is the distance in meters at which all DSAI scripts shut off automatically. Default = 1000.
;Setting RUG_TerminalDistance to -1 automatically shuts off all DSAI scripts. Setting it to 0 pauses them.
;RUG_CycleTime is a relative number in seconds which determines how often certain sounds are played. Default = 5.

RUG_DSAI_TerminalDistance = 1000;
RUG_DSAI_CycleTime = 5;

RUG_DSAI= [(units g)] execVM "RUG_DSAIinit.sqf"

Well, the problem appears just starting, a super - messy error message (seems of various lines) appears and script doesent seem to initialize.. .

The strange thing is that using your script + your demomission in rahmadi everything works fine...

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
« Reply #40 on: 06 Jan 2008, 00:19:41 »
Hmm. I can't really help unless you give me the error messages (take a screenshot of it for instance and paste it to this post :)). The only thing I can see there that might be causing problems is that "g" might not be a proper group? If you've defined g as a group in the editor (written g = group this in any group member's init field), and it's still not working, I'm slightly stumped. Did you copy over the files properly? Are you using the Lite or the normal version (the Lite version doesn't have any of the description.ext entries of the other languages, for instance)?  :)

If the problem isn't g not being a group, then showing me an error message would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Wolfrug out. 

Offline Barbolani

• Members
« Reply #41 on: 06 Jan 2008, 17:27:16 »
Hi,

Of course the group is created, and some more, but i attached the script to only one group trying to simplify the init and finding the error... but nope...

I think that giving you a screenshot maybe doesent solve nothing, because the error msg is very messy

If i send you the mission??????

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
« Reply #42 on: 06 Jan 2008, 18:28:23 »
Hm, this is entirely vanilla downloaded, nothing changed in the scripts or anywhere? ...
Well, if you want to send me the mission, feel free, but the error message might be useful nonetheless. :)

Strange stuff...

Wolfrug out.

Offline Barbolani

• Members
« Reply #43 on: 08 Jan 2008, 12:49:05 »
Wolfrug, i emailed you the mission.

Thnx in advance

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
« Reply #44 on: 21 Jan 2008, 19:27:42 »
I had all but forgotten about Barbolani when he PMd me today, and I thought I'd check it out. This is the PM I sent him back, just for future reference:

Hey there!

Admittedly, I had entirely forgotten about you, so sorry about that! Anyway, the problem didn't lie in RUG_DSAI at all, but in you overwriting important variables. You've named the player "leader", which is also an ArmA command which I happen to use in RUG DSAI, which is what causes all the errors since "leader" now applies to a unit. :)

All you need to do is rename the player to say leader1 or somesuch, and everything should work out fine again!

Good luck - the mission looked interesting. :good:

Wolfrug.

Lesson learned: watch your variable names!  :D

Wolfrug out.