Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Colour themes and banners  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
Colour themes and banners
« on: 16 Sep 2007, 10:18:18 »
Okay, you know how when you go the main forum index and go to OFP-related forums, and you've got a brown/tan colour? And blue for ArmA? Personally, I reckon that should be changed.

I reckon for the main forum index keep the tan/brown (and for other forums like this and General Announcements), and have a greenish/dark greyish-brownish colour for OFP (inspired by Everon and the game cover). And ArmA should have the tan/brown because Sahrani is like the paradise desert-like island (I do know that there's green on the island though).

And I reckon regarding the banners, it should be more mapping-related. So rather than just a picture of the landscape, have a picture of a map or something (or have something mixed going on - like the Mission Editor blending in with the landscape). Doesn't really mind me though.

Any comments guys?

Chris :)
Need proof-reading for anything? Need a banner for your upcoming mod? Need a pic for your mission? Hit me up with a message. I have a bit of knowledge in Photoshop and formal/military writing.
Be sure to provide sufficient details when posting what you want requested. Thanks guys!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Colour themes and banners
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2007, 09:25:35 »
thanks for the ideas chris, we appreciate all feedback on the site.  :good:

the colour schemes were chosen to reflect ofpec's history as well as its future, and the brown/tan is our recognised legacy. the arma scheme was chosen to make an immediate visual difference from the ofp boards, so that members would be in no doubt as to what game they were posting about.

it may well be that we revisit the site design at some point in the future, but for now we're concentrating on improving the nuts and bolts of the site.

as for the banners, well they're submitted by members - not much we can do about that one ;)