Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Accepted) Mando Heliroute ArmA  (Read 20893 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
(Accepted) Mando Heliroute ArmA
« on: 26 Aug 2007, 01:15:33 »
In case you need long range chopper trips and accurate landings anywhere whitout using any invisible or visible helipads  ;)

Mando Heliroute ArmA

What probles does solve this script?
- If you give a destination really far away, ArmA engine stalls trying to solve the path and the chooper will refuse to move.
- If you order a chopper to land at destination, it will land anywhere except where you want it to land, much less on building roofs or between streets.

EDIT: Updated to v1.1
- The chopper dont wait till rotor is completely stopped before ending the script now.

EDIT: Updated to v1.2
- The chopper will stay where indicated even after assigning soldiers to it as cargo. The chopper will not try to move to pick them up and will stay in its current position waiting for the cargo.
- The script now stores the route states into an internal vehicle variable name mando_heliroute with the following possible values: "busy" (the chopper is executing the route), "damaged" (chopper damaged or pilot dead, the route is finished) and "waiting" (the route is finished and the chopper is ready for new routes).
- Added more instructions to the script header.
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2008, 10:43:28 by Mandoble »

Offline ARMAVIDZ

• Members
Re: Mando Heliroute ArmA
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2007, 02:41:25 »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: OMG that was fast!

Checkin it out right now! Thank you!
-----------------------------------
Edit:
Works like a charm!!! The chopper lands in the tightest spots! Even high up on un-even terrain! That's awesome Mandoble! Expect to see it in the movies I do!!! Very much appreciated! :cool2:

I noticed when you place the dest game logics on some items like the water tower (  ::) I had to lol ) I think the modeltoWorld doesn't include the pointy tip of the tower LOL!

I have two questions:
1. [heli1,[getPos dest2],50, true]execVM"mando_heliroute_arma.sqf"; - Is the '50' in the string the speed?
2. Not complaining in the least: Do you think there might be a way to get Soldier1 to board the chopper faster?

Edit#2
Sorry about the double-post. Still new to these forums and never seen the 'remove' button before. It's fixed now  :good: That's so awesome Mandoble, thank you!!! I'll give it another wirl!
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2007, 11:48:24 by ARMAVIDZ »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2007, 11:38:35 »
Please, dont double post.

50 is the desired flying height along the route, you may check the parameters meanings in the header of the script.
I modified the script so it doesnt wait till rotor is completely stopped now, new version ready at first post. So the soldier will board the chopper much faster  ;)

Offline Willus_Killus

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2007, 11:47:21 »
we love u mando!  :clap:

Offline MattiusRochelle

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2007, 15:43:53 »
Mando this is great too  :D

Could you also convert your "Ghost Scripts" from the forest mission to ArmA as i want to spook people in my upcoming night mission  :scratch: just wondering if you could do it?

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2007, 15:53:23 »
Mando is away on holiday for awhile.
urp!

Offline MattiusRochelle

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2007, 16:34:51 »
doh.  >:(

I guess i will try all my tricks in the box to get it too work.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 01 Sep 2007, 00:48:37 »
Updated to v1.2
- The chopper will stay where indicated even after assigning soldiers to it as cargo. The chopper will not try to move to pick them up and will stay in its current position waiting for the cargo.
- The script now stores the route states into an internal vehicle variable name mando_heliroute with the following possible values: "busy" (the chopper is executing the route), "damaged" (chopper damaged or pilot dead, the route is finished) and "waiting" (the route is finished and the chopper is ready for new routes).
- Added more instructions to the script header.

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2007, 12:20:48 »
Thanks Mandoble this is superb. Also, hope you enjoyed your holiday.  :good:

Offline MattiusRochelle

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 01 Sep 2007, 20:13:18 »
Wow very nice stuff, your like my scripting god  :clap: :good:

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 01 Sep 2007, 21:25:46 »
hahha your scripting God is creating some ghosts for you now  ;)

Offline MattiusRochelle

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 05 Sep 2007, 12:54:36 »
hahha your scripting God is creating some ghosts for you now  ;)

Thats got to be the best news ive ever heard. My mission will be scary for the players..

The mission is going to have a haunted woods, while the main objective is some arty posts, the russians seem on edge and at the end you discover the reason why.. its a great mission these scripts will finalise it :P  :D

Offline Zarele

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: 07 Sep 2007, 21:56:20 »
Well i loved you other scrips so i'm  gone love this one, if i can dowload it. Is the link broken or am i doing something wrong? I keep getting transferd to the ofpec index.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 07 Sep 2007, 22:21:40 »
it works well for me, just click over  mando_heliroute_v1_2.Sara.zip and you should get it.

Offline Zarele

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: 08 Sep 2007, 00:07:10 »
then it must be me. I get transferd to the homepage, and if i follow a link from you i get the script for ofp but its 0kb. Damn you infurnal internet