Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Beta testing brings people together  (Read 2797 times)

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
OFPEC Beta testing brings people together
« on: 24 Aug 2007, 15:08:48 »
Mathias_e and Bardosy met in person in Austria, what a great thing to happen! Wish I was there too!  I think it would be cool to meet someone into ofpec as much as I am!!!! Not just the game but people in the game and ofpec. Im posting so members can say more about how close they might be. theres something about those who play this game at this level  :D  hope admin will be ok with this ,,, starting of with a repost  :P
    schuler ;)

aslo that members can ad more about themselves if they like  :clap:
and have a bit of a talk back....
if you dont want to give your location, just tell us more about
 yourself  :scratch:
i think anything goes, and why not  :dunno:

rules ;;; no double posting on your profile , use modify in your upper left browser , ad a new date
and save. see below on my post for example. only on your profile. otherwise, chat :clap:

i would like staff to review this and word it better or ad advise to reform it better
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2007, 17:03:21 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: OFPEC Beta testing brings people together
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2007, 15:09:23 »
Schuler ; Melbourne Australia , eastern subs, lower templestowe   :D
EDIT 25/8/07 my son with my helmet is my avid and a ''a yank in oz'' means , American in Australia, for those that might not know. ps my wife did not like my son
with that gear on. and later then the pasgt vest and TLB vest that went to his achles and a fake m4 that shots darts. boy , id i cop it!!!!
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2007, 16:34:47 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2007, 16:14:23 »
That's an interesting idea :good:
Hehe, your kid looks really cute with the huge helmet (for him anyways).

Well I can add myself, even though in Portugal there are few players and those I already know :P

NBSVieiraPT: Braga, Portugal. Near University Campus.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2007, 17:33:05 »
well NBSVieiraPT ,,, theres a start, Braga is a very large city!,,,,
there are few players and those I already know
most of my friends play ps2 or xbox360 and cant comprehend the mastering of a keyboard on a pc. allthough they like the game ofp, they really just want to kill something really quick. i like the planing and stealth behind some games, i do enjoy the "thrill of a new mission"
but its about the game, editing and scripting, and authors that write it, its so much fun to see what an author will do. and so ,, not the same game twice!!!!  have yet to get ArmA
 and my main pc lost the hole C: drive, :weeping: have to put the OS on it yet!  >:( iam a sad puppy! lost alot of stuff . hope D: has some most of what i need :yes:
   cheers schuler
Semper Fi

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2007, 21:58:41 »
A good while ago RichUK started this inititiave for OFPEC member locations thingy...

http://www.frappr.com/ofpecstaff/map

Then there was also this general OFP players directory that got some wind under it's wings too with 1144 member locations. Not too much though, I know at least 60 OFP players from Finland and there are only 3 dots on the map so..  :dunno:

http://www.frappr.com/ofpplayers/map

Dunno if the frappr site functions properly anymore or if I have to be registered and logged in to view the names behind the locations, seems like it's not all alright there. However, you may find the dots interesting.. or not.

Not all is lost.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2007, 13:09:40 »
schuler: I also love to know where is the guy who also love OFP/ArmA... :) And of course I like to know much more, eg. his/her motivations.... etc.

I was lucky to meet with Mathias and I almost meet with Cheetah too, because I was there, where he study, but it was holyday, so he was at home. :(

BTW, nice helmet! Is it not too heavy? I guess it's made by kevlar. My wife tried my steel helmet, but it was too heavy for her... ;)

NBSVieiraPT: Once I was in Portugal by hitch-hike. Before it, I thought my city (Budapest) is the most beutiful in the continent, but now I know Coimbra is the best! I falled love to her. And I want return there some sunny day.
I was hitten by a car in Braga (a 10 years old kid hit me 70km/h) and I was in hospital, but I had no insurance, but everybody was very nice and an unknow man (who saw the accident and who call the ambulance) invite me to his house and his wife made me a very fine meal. This family was very-very nice. And I really like the portugese people.
Fix bayonet!

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2007, 22:25:52 »
rhysduk and myself was at the same air show in 2006 without even realizing hehe. We ended up discussing it because it was canceled because of the British weather.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug 2007, 16:34:52 »
Well, I've never met another OFPECer but I did however meet macca's mother once. It was a brief encounter though, as she had to go and get milked.

Oh-below-the-belt-shot! Huzzah! :D

I hope macca's still around, otherwise this'll turn out to be a complete failure. :(

Anyway, I'm Armsty. I'm from Sweden and used to be quite active here back in the good old days. I don't play OFP or ArmA anymore but I still hop into these forums once in a while, because it gives me the opportunity to call people twice my age youngsters.
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2007, 16:37:03 by dmakatra »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2007, 00:00:27 »
Artak, i forgot about that map! thanks for bringing that up :D , i think there might be alot of people that sign on as guests too ''into ofpec that is."

@  bardosy "hit by a 10yr old kid, 70k ???" whats the go with that?  :o  thats fait. WOW, hey talk about going out of your way for a meal. ;)

@ dmakatra  :D
Semper Fi

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #9 on: 03 Sep 2007, 07:59:52 »
@schuler
"hit by a 10yr old kid, 70k Huh?"

It was an abandoned or not too traffic road and the kid's father thought it's a good time to learn the kid to drive.
When the kid saw me, he tried to stop the car, but confused with the buttons and push the speed insted of break.
When I saw the car, I tought it's far, and I have time to cross if it come 50kmph, but it come faster...

I had no insurance and the portugese ambulance crew laught a lot about me, when I ried to explain them (in bad spanish), "let me die, I have no insurance".  :D
They laught because:
1., I was not so bad situation (I only shocked, but nothing broken)
2., The kid's father insurance pay everything.
:)
Fix bayonet!

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #10 on: 09 Sep 2007, 00:24:30 »

Yes, it is nice to get to know where people live, especially people with similar interest living locally.  As Artak said, I did create some Frappr sites, for those who would like to get to know others interested in ArmA, OFP and OFPEC.  The first one quoted by Artak is meant for OFPEC staff, but there are a some others that people may be intersted in joining:

1.  For OFPEC members, or anyone interested in OFPEC:

http://www.frappr.com/ofpec

2.  For anyone interested in Armed Assault:

http://www.frappr.com/armedassault

Note: There is a Frappr arma map that is nothing to do with Armed Assault!

3. My personal RichUK Frappr map:

http://www.frappr.com/richukusa

4. The general ofpplayers Frappr map quoted by Artak is still a good one, with lots of people on it:

Then there was also this general OFP players directory that got some wind under it's wings too with 1144 member locations. Not too much though, I know at least 60 OFP players from Finland and there are only 3 dots on the map so..  :dunno:

http://www.frappr.com/ofpplayers/map

Dunno if the frappr site functions properly anymore or if I have to be registered and logged in to view the names behind the locations, seems like it's not all alright there. However, you may find the dots interesting.. or not.

They made some changes with Frappr from what it was orignally (not all to my liking), but it is still functioning and is a useful way of getting to know people of similar interests, whereever they live.

It would be nice for some others to join some of the Frappr maps, but it is also good to see people posting here too.

Rich