Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: NEW SEALS from Frandsen  (Read 8469 times)

Schoeler

Re:NEW SEALS from Frandsen
« Reply #15 on: 06 Nov 2002, 00:07:44 »
DKM Mod made a sweet little version of their OV-10 Bronco with VAL-4 Black Pony textures so we could do airborne insertions for the Seals.  Oh and The Edge is correct, Seals still use the M-14.  In fact the entire Navy still has a number of M-14's in their arsenal.  The Navy loved that weapon and having spent six years with them I must say it is fun to shoot.  Anyway, some good M-14's have been made.

Frandsen

« Reply #16 on: 06 Nov 2002, 00:43:02 »
true...

they use them for sniping, shootinh though trees, bushed, cars, glass, bunkers, in artic misions ect... (from Discovery)

and i might make one or use one from TOW...

lets see what time gives    ;D

Eviscerator

« Reply #17 on: 06 Nov 2002, 01:03:40 »
wouldnt the SR-25 do the same job?

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #18 on: 06 Nov 2002, 06:54:42 »
well the SR-25 is mostly a sniper weapon and the M-14 is not
although it can be

Eviscerator

« Reply #19 on: 06 Nov 2002, 22:01:27 »
i know, but they use the m14 for its 7.62mm bullet, the SR-25 has the same bullet and also has the other advantages of being a great rifle, im sure the seals would choose the SR-25 over the m14...

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #20 on: 07 Nov 2002, 04:54:17 »
well for the snipering side of it i would chose the SR-25 but its a bit awkward to use as an assualt rifle so an M14/M21 is more practical on that side so they probably use both anyway
its not all that important tho is it seeing that the SR-25 and maybe the M14/M21 will be in the pack :)

The Edge

« Reply #21 on: 07 Nov 2002, 06:25:35 »
If I recall correctly, the M14 is one of the few rifles in the world that can be fired directly after being submerged. Someone correct me on this...

And the fact that the M14 has a long military history, dating back to it's origins from the M1 rifle. If it works and you already have it, use it.

Stalker

« Reply #22 on: 07 Nov 2002, 09:24:01 »
If I recall correctly, the M14 is one of the few rifles in the world that can be fired directly after being submerged. Someone correct me on this...
I don't know about M14 but AK can be fired after being submerged. Also Soviet weapons industry has developed underwater rifle which is used by US SEALs. It's a uniqe rifle in the world. I forgot it name but I know that it is not an american one.

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #23 on: 07 Nov 2002, 11:52:41 »
well there is this pistol: http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2100/2153.htm,
and this carbine, http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0000/46.htm
The only submerged weapon I know of in western inventory would be this one: http://www.hkpro.com/peleven.htm
I think I remember that up till the 90's at least,  SEAL's had access to military grade spearguns, bangsticks, and powerheads.
Also, even though it's supposed to be a big secret, the US has/does use Navy trained dolphins for underwater combat. The program produced at least two enemy KIA in Viet Nam, they are used today to guard sub pins and USN harbors. And they have been used as recently as the last presidential elections to guard the candidates during the campaign in San Diego. The dolphin carries a bangstick on it's nose which it jabs into an enemy diver, detonating a .50 powerhead. There is no damage to the dolphin of course, unless they simply don't like killing people, and have a guilty conscience. But for some reason, I bet they don't really mind.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #24 on: 07 Nov 2002, 21:33:28 »
cool killer dolphins  ;D ;D ;D ;D

HotShot

« Reply #25 on: 07 Nov 2002, 23:09:53 »
Navy trained dolphins for underwater combat.

*cough* Red Alert 2 *cough*

I saw a program on that, the bloke who trained them tryed to set the dolphins free but the coast guard caught them on there way out to sea, what does the US military think the dolphins are gonna do? Defect? :o

Schoeler

« Reply #26 on: 07 Nov 2002, 23:23:18 »
Evisc, I really can't tell you why the Navy is so infatuated with the M-14, when every other service was getting rid of them, they kept theirs.  I saw them aboard ship as little as 3 years ago, when the rest of the military eliminated them in the early to mid 80's.  It is a hell of an accurate and reliable weapon for a standard issue piece.  registered_fugitive might have it correct in that it is sort of a midrange weapon between assault rifle and sniper rifle.  The 14 defintely puts a man down at a much greater distance with its 7.62 round.  Also it is much much more rugged than today's rifles.  You can bang it into things and drag it through mud and sand and it will still fire cleanly.  Plus the d@mn thing is just plain fun to shoot!

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #27 on: 08 Nov 2002, 01:17:01 »
Well, Schoeller you've answered your own question, shipmate. The Navy kept them because they saw no valid reason to buy a replacement small arm. The Teams in particular use them for their lethality, accuracy, and ruggedness. And when your all out of bullets and are facing off against a hostile insurgent armed with qat and a rusty machette, the M-14 helps make a great crunchy corn-chip sound when used as a club.
Besides, what else could possibly be used as a line launcher during UNREP? ;D
"Anchors aweigh my boy, Anchors a-weigh..."

Schoeler

« Reply #28 on: 08 Nov 2002, 01:56:13 »
....As he marches off the grinder and through the tunnel at good ol' Great Lakes Naval Training Center .... LOL Remember that?   I saw a guy get hit in the head with the line canister once.  Knocked him out cold despite the steel pot.  Whoops!
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2002, 01:59:28 by Schoeler »

Frandsen

« Reply #29 on: 08 Nov 2002, 02:03:56 »
STATUS REPORT:

Seal skins allmoste done

Woodland Models done

Desert skins allmoste done (Skaven is doing a greath job)

Weapons are being looked at

2nd version for a known (Classified) team (I denied any knowledge as of this time)

« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2002, 02:09:54 by Frandsen »