Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Silent Kill  (Read 2690 times)

Offline Blacknite

• Members
  • Chiefs runs the navy!
(Review Completed) [SP] Silent Kill
« on: 09 Jun 2007, 18:48:11 »
Mission Name:
Silent Kill

By Blacknite
For OFP Resistance
tested on v1.96

No Addons required to my knowledge, mission was made along time ago (8 months ago), but this is my only time to submit it, due to being on deployment and all with the military.
Edit: An Editor Upgrade is required.

Mission details:
You got the go signal to attack and destroy an enemy convoy, you have an option to either fly the A-10 loaded with LGBs or an AH-64.  However, there is a catch, you must fly below enemy radar through the entire flight, meaning you will be flying pretty low.  If detected on radar, mission failed.  Did I forget to mention, there are Shilkas in strategic locations to prevent you from succeding.  Now that wont stop you, now would it?  We shall see...  Recommend you fly the A-10 as it was intended for, but a chopper to make things easier for you.  Good luck!

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available, with required addons, in the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2009, 01:15:53 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline Denz

Silent Kill (Review in Progress)
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2007, 15:49:49 »
I'll be taking a look at this one.
I've got 'em right where I want 'em - surrounded from the inside!
Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver, SOG Recon One-Zero
24/09/41 - 24/04/69

Offline Blacknite

• Members
  • Chiefs runs the navy!
Re: Silent Kill (Review in Progress)
« Reply #2 on: 09 Aug 2007, 15:52:07 »
Still in Review?

Offline limmy3

• Members
  • OFP crazy!
« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2007, 06:47:49 »
Hello Blacknite,
 here is my view of your mission.

Overview: :no: Just a picture.  :o

Intro: :no:

Outro Win: :no:

Outro Loose: :no:

Cutscenes: :no:

Briefing:
  • Not very detailed!  :confused:
  • What is CBQ and why isn't it explained?  :dunno:
  • Why am I not told where I start?
  • Why aren't these 'Warning' symbols explained. Do Pilots guess what they are?
  • What about the weather that's the most important for Pilots. They won't fly without a good weather report.
  • What is this Radio Alpha or Aloha or what ever for?  ???

Weapon selection:  :no:

Notes: Cheap!  :dry:

Mission:
I started in a building and did not know what to do because no one would tell me. I looked at my compass and saw I need to go west. After I went down stairs I got into that jeep standing next the building and followed the road to the very end just to find out I missed the end of the runway. As I looked around I saw a few soldiers or pilots looking like display dummy not moving. After trying a few times flying the plane under 100 altitude I was attacked by the shukas. Never reaching the convoy in one pease I was shot down everytime which made my frunstrated.  :banghead: :banghead:

Summary:
  • Why shall the player fly beneath 100 altitude when he is detected by the shukas?  ???
    Or turn it the other way round! I need to fly beneath 100 so that I am not detected by enemy radar!! But why are these shukas shooting at my when I'm not detected?  ???
  • The player will have no chance, they will shoot you before even the player has the chance to lock the shukas in their system. Using bombs will not make it easier hitting the targets you need practice.
  • I made it with the heli in 5 min. with no altitude limitation.  :D

This is a 5 minutes build mission. :o

Why is it calles 'Silent Kill'? Using a plane with bombs or a heli with rockets is not the quietist way killing some one?  :dunno:

Regards limmy3

Project Beta Approved
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2007, 10:34:41 by Cheetah »
The only necessary for triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Offline Denz

« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2007, 14:32:08 »
This mission has been reviewed
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2009, 21:53:14 by Planck »
I've got 'em right where I want 'em - surrounded from the inside!
Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver, SOG Recon One-Zero
24/09/41 - 24/04/69