Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 'SaveGame' not recovering game.  (Read 959 times)

Offline digitaldragon

• Members
'SaveGame' not recovering game.
« on: 05 Jun 2007, 16:52:18 »
When I use the SaveGame command it updates the retry position but when I leave the mission and return to load the retry point it only loads the one 'Save' (from the menu) that I used at an earlier point.

How can I get a 'permenant' save feature?

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Re: 'SaveGame' not recovering game.
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jun 2007, 19:45:29 »
There are three possible saves that ofp can restore to.  One is the position when you last exited the mission alive, that file is called 'continue.fps' another is the one Save that you get in the mission (that file is called save.fps) and the other is the last time the savegame command is used (this file is called autosave.fps).  When the mission restarts is always looks for these files in a specific order, which from memory is 1. Continue; 2. Save and 3. Autosave.  It always loads the first one it finds.

So to get to the autosave position you need to resume the mission and it will put you to either the Continue or the Save position (which ever it finds first), then press the escape key and select Retry and that will take you to the last autosave
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2007, 10:43:15 by THobson »

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2007, 02:02:32 »
I never knew that.  :good:
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline digitaldragon

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jun 2007, 17:48:37 »
thanx.