Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Runway (mando_takeoff2.sqf, mando_land.sqf and mando_eject.sqf) (TESTING)  (Read 24330 times)

Offline Captain

• Members
...Disregard Rant... (however valid)
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2008, 02:17:19 by Captain »

Offline Captain

• Members
Sorry to have to bump this with a double post but I was just thinking of (possibly) a new use for Mando Runway. I was tinkering in the editor creating ambient scenes (civil life/etc) and wanted a tractor to essentially 'plow' his fields (up/back/up/back/etc), now I've tried this with both waypoints and scripted domove commands and of course the AI can't navigate for shit. when using mando runway I am continually impressed by the precision of their taxiing and thought that just that section of mando runway could be used to achieve what I'm looking for. 
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2008, 02:36:47 by Captain »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Mando Chaser might be closer to what you are looking for.

Offline Captain

• Members
I had considered Mando Chaser but it requires a moving target to chase, whereas this script I can plonk down the taxi waypoints and I'm all good. However I don't know how to cut the script off so it doesn't expect a tractor takeoff.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
For Mando Chaser you could just use a moving Game Logic for instance. Say, have all of the points you want the tractor to plow marked by invisible markers. Then you just run Mando Chaser once on the tractor, maybe edit the script a bit to suit your needs, and then create another script which moves the game logic around on the markers. Say, something like:

Code: [Select]
_logic = _this select 0;
_tractor = _this select 1;
_positionArrays = _this select 2; // Array of, say, markers that will loop around one after the other.

_i = 0;
_j = count _positionArrays;

while {alive (driver _tractor)} do
{
_logic setPos (getMarkerPos (_positionArrays select _i));
waitUntil {_tractor Distance _logic < 5};
if {_i < _j} then {_i = _i + 1} else {_i = 0};
sleep 0.5;
};

Untested, but should (?) work. Might want to tinker with the distance for one thing, and you might have to edit Mando Chaser (doesn't it stop chasing when the chasing object is dead, for instance?) to fit your needs, but otherwise it should work, I think. Getting a bit off-topic here though!

Wolfrug out.

"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Knight Trane

• Members
Mandoble ,

Have you given any thought as to what modifications to Mando_Takeoff and Mando_Land, would be nercessary, to enable skid choppers the ability to air taxi.

I've tried monkeying around with altitude and speed, but no go.  AI always think their off to the races and give to much neg AOA to get to their next marker.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
It might be a weird mixture between mando_move (but keeping the height of the moving vehicle) and mando_heliroute.

Offline Knight Trane

• Members
Any thoughts on how to make choppers air taxi to the runway?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
I would say using Mando Move with some modifications to keep the vehicle floating instead of pressing the ground.

Offline Breeze

• Members
The example download I have is for island Sara I think thats from queens gambit or something and I dont have it any chance I can see these example missions from another island that I have?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
I will try to make an example mission for A2, while not sure if it will be 100% A2 compatible.

Offline Knight Trane

• Members
Any updates to this?

Offline izaktj

• Members
Is it possible to replace the default ejection with your ejection script?
Thanks.