Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Runway (mando_takeoff2.sqf, mando_land.sqf and mando_eject.sqf) (TESTING)  (Read 24394 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
The Su crash into the harrier? Taxiing for takeoff or after landing?

EDIT:
mando_land.sqf updated to v1.1
mando_takeoff2.sqf updated to v2.3
mando_eject.sqf and mando_ejectunit.sqf updated to v1.0

- Landing and take off scripts have been vastly fine tuned to be accurate enough even with a x4 time acceleration.
- Planes in final landing aproach reach now a lower angle of attack to avoid damage when touching the ground.
- Taxiing planes agility has been increased to favour with more turn degrees per second those with slower machines or low frame rate, as they needed more time to perfom the turns when aligning with taxi positions.
- Harrier no longer obstruct the path of taxiing Flankers in the demo  ;)

Hope all that took away with any existing problem.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2007, 23:40:31 by Mandoble »

Offline Buliwyf

• Members
Nice script... thanks.. and some questions...  ;)

- does it works in multiplayer?
- is there any chance to make something like this using with helicopters?

:whistle:

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Dont see any reason why these would not work in MP as long as you ensure these are executed there where the corresponding aircraft is local, which is not always the server.

About choppers, they do not taxi (well, they do, but still flying), they dont need complex aligments to takeoff or land, so what do you mean exactly with "make something like this with choppers"?

Offline Buliwyf

• Members
Oh.. last week i saw a documentation of upcoming PAVEHAWK pilots on tv... they do taxi...  ;)

But what i mean is that choppers in ArmA not really do what i configured their waypoints. I need much luck if a AI pilot lands the chopper at a point i wish. To land on roofs is practically impossible. A scripted solution like yours would be nice...

Thanks & sorry for bad english...  :confused:

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
ah, but mandoble has indeed created something along these very lines - click here.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Yep, mandoheliroute.sqs should be compatible with ArmA too. You may also use the scripts present here selecting vertical mode, just like the harrier. But for choppers these script should be modified slightly as they (the choppers)advance with negative AOA and brake with positive AOA. More than probably I'll incorporate that option in next version just for choppers  ;)

Offline Buliwyf

• Members
Oh, great.. i will test the script later this day... thx

:good:

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Is this kind of landing accuracy what you are looking for?  :D

just wait a bit for next release of mando_land.sqf :cool2:

Offline Buliwyf

• Members

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
Nice.. VTOL for AI ?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
For the plane, doesnt matter who is inside as long as there is a pilot, AI or human.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Big update  :D

mando_land.sqf updated to v1.2
mando_takeoff2.sqf updated to v2.4

- Landing is now much more accurate for vertical landings.
- Added internal variables to the planes while they are taking off or landing, so current takeoff or landing phase may be easily checked to synchronize multiple takeoffs and/or landings of several planes.
- Added ground avoidance to landing planes for final aproach phase, this prevents planes crashing with mountains when they need to land just at the other side of the mountain. For vertical landings, planes needs at least 800m of clear space between its aproaching heading and the landing point, 1500m for traditional landings.
- Included a new demo mission: verticality.
- Runway demo mission adjusted to new scripts versions.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
New update:

mando_land.sqf updated to v1.3
mando_takeoff2.sqf updated to v2.5
mando_eject.sqf and mando_ejectunit.sqf updated to v1.1

- Units ejecting over water get the zodiac once they are swimming and not while they are descending.
- Taking off planes now switch ON the lights automatically, even when driven by the player.
- Added a step by step tutorial for automatic take offs.
- Added a new demo/tutorial mission: mando_ils.Sara
- If the player is the plane's driver, ILS marks are projected in the HUD to help him aligning with the two first landing positions before switching on the automatic landing procedure.

ILS Marks:

* Center green: Good speed.
    * Center red: Slow down.
    * Up yellow: Raise nose.
    * Down yellow: Lower nose.
    * Right yellow: Yaw to the right.
    * Left yellow: Yaw to the left.
    * External marks in red: Dont move nose to that direction.

Offline Buliwyf

• Members
Nice work.. thx

:clap:

Offline Tatu

• Members
Cannot get my hands ont this beauty  :good:, the link lead to OFPEC homepage.  :o