Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I love/hate OFPEC's site design. Poll - VOTE!  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
I love/hate OFPEC's site design. Poll - VOTE!
« on: 19 Apr 2007, 17:27:43 »
It seems that our current site desing is either loved or hated. OFPEC is in a constant motion towards perfection and will always gladly hear for opinions and suggestions about in which direction the perfection is this time.

Please take a vote and if you have specific ideas please post them here.
Not all is lost.

Offline Morglor9

• Members
Re: I love/hate OFPEC's site design. Poll - VOTE!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2007, 21:14:59 »
My opinion goes for a move back to OFPEC Classic, the one before the current incarnation. just simple, a banner, different shades of brown and tan.
Cymbaline

Offline P2

• Members
  • Historicus
« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2007, 21:35:21 »
A little heavy. I'd also prefer a design similar to the previous one, if not exactly the same.

Offline Trash Can Man

• Members
  • We are no longer the knights who say "Ni!"
« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2007, 21:49:09 »
I like what you have done to this point.  :clap: My only beef is that there used to be alot more scripts in the editor's depot....you guys said time and time again that they would be put back and it still looks that same.  :no: Other than that....this site is by far the most reliable for getting information!  :good:

TCM

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2007, 22:59:49 »
the site has gone through a lot of turbulence over the last year, with a couple of crashes and a server switch. we've been actively trying to improve the systems in the background which will not only help us administer the site more easily, but will enable users to submit resources, just like in the good old days. however, being staffed by volunteers with real-life priorities, it's slow going.

while it's true that the old ed depot had more resources, a lot of what we managed to salvage after the crash was studied by the ed depot staff and decided to be either out-of-date or simply redundant. thus we have more quality than quantity.

the accepted resources board was used as a temporary measure to get some new resources out into the community, and in time they'll find a home in the real ed depot - once it's rebuilt. until then, we'll just keep on keeping on.

stay tuned for some encouraging developments in the next couple of weeks, including a possible probable site redesign ;)