Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: createUnit (strange visual FX)  (Read 1062 times)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
createUnit (strange visual FX)
« on: 10 Apr 2007, 00:52:07 »
I've experienced a strange problem while adding the journalists to one of my missions, using the createUnit command. When i add either
Code: [Select]
MarianQuandt
MarianQuandt02
MarianQuandt03
MarianQuandt04
She has extremely large and alien hands (she looks like Freddy Krueger in Terror on Elm Street). This only happens when I add the unit using the createUnit command. Not when she appears in the campaign intro. How can I use these models in my missions, without triggering this bug/feature?!? (I haven't tried modifying the mission.sqm and replacing classnames yet, due to lack of time)

While I'm on the subject, I noticed these "features" with the other journalists

FieldReporter - works as any normal unit would
Anchorman - cannot die
Anchorman2 - works as any normal unit would
MarianQuandt (all versions) - cannot die

Bugs or features? What property of the unit decides wether it's killable or not?
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline D_P_

• Members
  • YAY! I'm a lama again! ...oh wait.
    • ArmaAddons
Re: createUnit (strange visual FX)
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2007, 02:59:43 »
...maybe cause these units are used for cutscenes and not gameplay?  :dunno:
if i'm not mistaken i read her hands will look normal if she's holding a mic.
just setpos & forgetpos!

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
Re: createUnit (strange visual FX)
« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2007, 16:52:52 »
It's not createunit.

These units become available under the civilian men list with 6th sense's editor update. When the reporter runs her hands grow funny. This is because her hands are modeled differently (hands behind her back), so it stretches and moves the wrong way.

D_P_ is right, the news reporters are for cutscenes and not gameplay. Probably why most of the units cannot die either. When she is standing still, you can see her hands are behind her back, and she is holding a microphone (on at least one of her units anyway).

So, unfortunatly the only way you can use these is in a cutscene or if she doesnt move.

There are a few other hidden units to like King, North Sahrani Prime Minister, Undead units etc.. they seem to be ok to use in missions.