Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New ArmA sound modification  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
New ArmA sound modification
« on: 03 Apr 2007, 22:21:46 »
Well I finally got my ArmA to work and have changed the sounds in it cause , like everyones knowledge ArmA stock are shabby. I did check out some of the ones posted already like the FDF and some other one but some of the weapons were too too metalic like, too much reverb and too glassy.  I did use some of the stock, I just switched them around cause they were stuck in the wrong place. You know, for BI wanting a very close to real combat sim, they sure didnt do a very good job in making the sound effects much more real. But i have to hand it to them some are very close, a small amount though. The 249's were almost close but all I did was use the same sound and touched it up a bit with some real echo in it and changed the reload. Still a little more work in progress cause ArmA has a ton of sound wavs  and I have 3 kids to take care of and work :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ0AP126trg

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
Re: New ArmA sound modification
« Reply #1 on: 09 Apr 2007, 10:42:07 »
Hi there Chammy.

I am just wondering where You get Your real weapons sounds knowledge from. Are You in the army or something like that? I mean how do You know how the weapons really sound? Or maybe is there a website which has real recorded weapons sounds? Let me know.

Jason
Back to the forest!

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 09 Apr 2007, 19:24:40 »
I'm a security guard for one of the Naval Air Facilities/Marine here, there is also a ballistic testing grounds here which I have access to and am around the fire arms range alot.  I base most of my knowledge on how weapons sound in real life as opposed to how they sound recorded. Most videos when recorded a weapon sounds much different because of the quality of the video, what kind of mic was used and what not. Video doesnt capture the true nature of the sounds, most people think that when they see movies or a video of a fire fight that when they sound big and huge , that thats how they really sound. The time of day atmosphere, surroundings and if at night or during the day determine how you'd hear sounds.   I don't like sound effects cleaned up so much that they sound synthesized, like from a keyboard or CD. but thats just me  heh heh, so thats why I made some sound mods, specially changing ArmA's and OFP  Hope that sheds a little light there for ya.

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2007, 19:50:19 »
Alright! Cool. so You do have a pretty good idea. I own a few riffles and shotguns myself and You are right: I tried to record my shootings but I abandoned the idea; the sound was much too loud for my recording equipment (which is worthless anyway) and all I could hear from the recordings were loud syntesized-like detonations that I could have immitated with my mouth!!!

Actually I have just checked Your youTube video and I must admit that the sounds are awesome. They sound really good. I don't think my first post in this thread would be if I had seen and heard the video before.

So. To the obvious: is it possible to download Your work somewhere so I can enjoy these evil sounds too when I play ArmA?

Cheers!

Jason
Back to the forest!

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2007, 04:25:22 »
Right on dude, yeah, I will be makign a link soon enugh, I 'm just so busy lately that at times when my kids go to sleep or when  iget back from work and my kids are asleep I take advantage adn create more, or play more, you know alll about it right?  Thanks for the kudos , I will post a link soon bro, l8ers

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2007, 12:48:25 »
Alright. Many thanx.

Good things are worth being patient for.  8)
Back to the forest!

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!