Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How do I set up a mod to work in ArmA?  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
How do I set up a mod to work in ArmA?
« on: 02 Apr 2007, 12:12:52 »
I have many sound effects that made and used in OFP and want to use in ArmA , I tried to do the old fashoined way but it conflicted or made my ArmA lock up in start up. I now know that there is a special way in getting anything as a mod working in ArmA usign the ArmA Launcher. Is there a technical explanation step by step on how to do this? My folder and replacents are all set to go but I just need the setup to start it.  I had tried to look in the Search option here but found nothing that related to what I was doing.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: How do I set up a mod to work in ArmA?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2007, 12:36:30 »
ArmA Launcher???

I Just use a good old OFP style mod folder named according to the modification I want.

Then the game shortcut has the switch -mod=XYZ.

Works for me.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2007, 18:02:59 »
So I'm not going to have to add some special code to the mod folder or anything?   So I want to change the sounds right, so will I have to make an addons folder with ALL the addons , and only the weapon.pbo folder changed?

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 02 Apr 2007, 20:08:25 »
With the Kegetys ArmA Launcher and this mod folder tutorial you will probably understand the how-to stuff.

Most of it, or all of it should work in ArmA too.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2007, 03:37:26 »
PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a simple example of how to make a mod folder that inherits from arma and overrides the parameters you want to override.  In this specific case, It would be a simple unit replacement pack, but the basic concepts are the same with other stuff too.
Everything I have released for ARMA can be found here.

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 2007, 05:32:45 »
Ahhha, thanks guys.

Well I finally got my sound effects to work in ArmA, wondering why it didnt work the last time, it made it crash, but instead, I just used the ArmA Tools from ArmedAssault.org , the pbo tool used in it and undid or wrapped everyting up in the folder and it worked for some strange reason.    But I'd really like to just make a Mod folder for it so yes the help is greatly appreciated.

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 03 Apr 2007, 22:19:20 »
Ok , heres a little preview of what I'm doing so far for the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ0AP126trg

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 03 Apr 2007, 23:35:56 »
Sounds pretty good, although I find it hard to compare with the ArmA sounds as I don't know how they should sound.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: 04 Apr 2007, 02:06:52 »
Well , if you 've ever been to a rifle range you'll see what i mean  :P  Check out soem combat or war/weapon footage, its cool.   ArmA had sounds like as if they were firing weapons into a bullet trap or someting.  Plus the explosions were too too exagerated.