Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)  (Read 118650 times)

Offline JZig86

• Members
Re: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #165 on: 24 Apr 2008, 01:51:56 »
Mando, you are a genius!! Works like a charm and exactly what I was looking for. THANKS! :good:

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #166 on: 01 May 2008, 22:08:45 »
edit
------
hit the wrong target ...   was aiming for mando bombs + air support console with mando missiles  enabled ...

---------------------------------------------

this really is the bollocks

tested tonight on =RTY= server playing =RTY= Navy seals 
full house 10 players ..

what a script  it has everything .. by toying with the console options  any scenario can be adressed
without upsetting  the mission balance ..  limited  cruise missile strikes  and bomb runs are superb  ..  bailed us out many a time
also the evacuation set up , recce flights and vehicle drop are  superb . 
The role of forward air controller  or officer in command   adds a new element to co op play   alongside  pilot only fly  and medic only revive this really puts the cherry on top for teamplay missions ..

excellent  job mandoble    ...  i salute you  sir    :good:

no errors  on dedicated server
« Last Edit: 02 May 2008, 23:56:02 by shark attack »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline ViperMaul

• Members
    • Theatre Of War (Team PvP Campaign)
« Reply #167 on: 02 May 2008, 09:32:02 »
I am glad more & more people are finally starting to realize.
This is high level and most flexible MOD.

Outstanding work as always.
ViperMaul
Theatre of War (Co-Lead Dev)
ACE (Jr Project Manager)

Offline Telson

• Members
« Reply #168 on: 04 May 2008, 12:53:02 »
Ok don't know what i am doing wrong but cant get this to work with Mando bombs all i get is "MSG : cruise missile launcher not present"
Can someone send me a simple idiot's guide to setup the launcher .All other functions on Mando bombs work fine and if Mando bombs is anything to go by this addon is a must.  :D
« Last Edit: 04 May 2008, 13:09:52 by Telson »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #169 on: 04 May 2008, 13:34:09 »
Please, for mando bombs questions, use mando bombs thread.

Your very same question has been addressed there few days ago. Look for April 28 shark attack question and my reply.

Offline Telson

• Members
« Reply #170 on: 04 May 2008, 17:21:08 »
ok got last problem sorted  :good:
now i am looking for a list of parameters to add into the init.sqf like
mando_support_left_ca_WEST=2;
mando_support_left_rc_WEST=2;
The last two were for mando bombs is there a list for mando missiles
Trying to turn on terrain following and altitude flight of 200
« Last Edit: 04 May 2008, 17:22:24 by Mandoble »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #171 on: 04 May 2008, 17:23:25 »
Telson, again, for questions related to mando bombs use the mando bombs thread.

Offline Telson

• Members
« Reply #172 on: 04 May 2008, 17:40:10 »
 ??? sorry but i don't see how settings for the altitude and terrain following for mando missiles is related to Mando bombs
the two examples i gave were for mando bombs but i am looking for the same thing for mando missiles
for cruise altitude and terrain following.
Maybe it was the way i posed the question  :D

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #173 on: 04 May 2008, 17:57:14 »
Here you have all the Mando Missile parameters, including terrain avoidance and cruise altitude. Read the online help to clearly understand how they work. Basically a missile while flying in intertial mode may keep a cruise altitude and also avoid terrain elevations. The terrain avoidance is automatically turned off when the target is within missile seeker range (active seeker or terminal range).

If you want to change the behaviour of the cruise missiles launched from the console, look for mando_missile.sqf into mando_airsupportdlg.sqf and change any parameter at will. It is better to try any parameter or configuration first from mando_missile_lab.sara mission.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #174 on: 04 May 2008, 18:45:30 »
General notice:

Attached to first post of this thread there are two extra basic usage examples:
- basic_missile.Sara: Basic example with two targets (a near chopper and a far away tank) and two radio triggers. The basic firing script is basic_missile.sqs, inside you will find all the firing parameters so you may play with them at will. This example uses the addon, so you dont need to modify or create any description.ext file.

- mando_laserbomb.Sara: A Su34 will support you with laser guided bombs. Call of support using the radio, use the laser designator to paint targets and validate them while the Su34 aproaches the area. This example uses the addon too, so you dont need to modify or create any description.ext file.

Offline Telson

• Members
« Reply #175 on: 06 May 2008, 23:57:27 »
First i would like to say your support is second to none and you are a credit to you skill.  :clap:

Second is there a way to delay the explosion of a missile.
I have everything set as i want except when attacking tanks with a low flying missile
A cruise missile usually explodes above the target.
I have set the missile to fly 5 meters above the target in the settings but unless i change the distance from target to 5 meters also the missile just fly over the target without exploding
If i set the missile to explode 5 meters from target it causes the missile to explode 5 meters in front of the target not above.
is there a way i can delay the explosion by say 0.5.
This would cause missile to reach 5 meters from target delay 0.5 seconds then run warhead script to explode warhead over the target?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #176 on: 07 May 2008, 01:38:35 »
Do you mean that you want the missile to explode above the target and not with direct impact or just plain proximity? If it is the case, play with Z-offset parameter (not cruise altitude), it is altitude, positive or negative, relative to target's position where the missile will aim at. Lets say you setup this value to 5, so the missile will keep aiming 5m above the target, then your range to explode should be set to 6 ot 7m. Of course this also depends on the trajectory of the missile in the final aproach, if the missile is diving over the target and fast > 400m/s, then the missile probably will hit the target directly or will explode closer than 6m, not just 5m above it.

To tune up your settings, try with a larger Z-offset, for example 10m, and a boom-range of 14m. Anyway, might be I've missunderstood what you are trying to do.

About warheads, you may create your own ones, they are just scripts. You may copy/rename a existing warhead, modify at will, and provide your script name to the warhead parameter of the missile. And yes, you may delay the final detonation at will, in fact you may create as many detonations as you want around the last "alive" position of the missile (this effect is already done with the SCUD warhead).

Offline Telson

• Members
« Reply #177 on: 07 May 2008, 09:26:20 »
Thanks again will have a play with the warhead
I'm guessing placing Sleep 0.75; some where will delay the explosion and allow missile to explode directly above the target

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #178 on: 07 May 2008, 11:01:24 »
You may use mando_missile_lab.sara to test different z-Offset and detonation range configurations, with the missile flying with a low or high profile. I dont think the sleep in the warhead would have the effect you are looking for, a z-Offset of 3m and a range to explode of 4m or 5m would have a closer effect. A would aim for a general setup like:
z-Offset 3
cruise alt 100
active range 1000
initial mode 0
initial vertical angle 45
range to explode 5
max speed 300
vertical agility 20 deg/sec
intercept mode YES

Also consider that when using the GBU bomb in the warheads, even if the bomb explodes in mid air, the visual effects (smoke and dust particles) are generated at ground level (this is hardcoded by BIS in that bomb and cannot be changed), but the damage effects are really created around the point in the space where the bomb explodes.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #179 on: 18 May 2008, 20:59:21 »
Attached to the first post you will find mma_air_combat.Sara.zip. While it is a fully playable mission SP or MP, it is inteded as an example of Mando Missile integration with addons. Inside you will find mma_bis_su34_init.sqf, mma_bis_su34b_init.sqf and mma_bis_av8b2_init.sqf. Three example scripts which are executed from the init field of the planes in the mission, but these script might also be executed from the "Init" EH (or Extended EH) of an addon derived from Su34, Su34B or AV8B2. If Mando Missile is not present in the mission, the planes will behave like normal ones, but if MMA 2.3 or above is present, the planes will reconfigure themselves to use MMA systems. The script activates/deactivates AI/human systems depending on who is into each position of a plane, human or AI.

Soon you will have a comprehensive guide explaining step by step how to integrate Mando Missile within any addon.

In the example mission you may fly as OPFOR, BLUFOR or keep grounded as civilian observer.
« Last Edit: 19 May 2008, 10:04:19 by Mandoble »