Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Artillery Strike  (Read 1911 times)

Offline liveforever2403

• Members
Artillery Strike
« on: 25 Feb 2007, 21:55:25 »
Hey.

Of course ArmA: Armed Assault comes with the M119 Howitzer and the D-30 Howitzer. Is there a script that tells such units to fire on a randomly within a set bounrdy?

Thanks.

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
Re: Artillery Strike
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2007, 22:15:13 »
Hey hey,

I was thinking the same.

I didn't search for a suitable script yet, but was thinking that such script could be needed. Let us know if you find an appropriate script or write one yourself. I'm not yet going to delve into such creation process, but might do it if the need becomes too great.

Some questions that are needed to answer if such a script is specifically made for these guns;
- Is it possible to actually have an AI soldier aim the gun into correct direction and fire the gun, or do we have to fake it by creating shells into air and giving them a direction and speed?
- How are these guns normally used in real life? Positioning, cover, what kind of targets are normal, etc...
- Minimum and maximum range? If we need to go the "faking shells" way we would need to know this in order to keep it realistic.
- Etc...

Oh, I must add that there are plenty of artillery scripts made for OFP in the Editors Depot here at OFPEC. Those might be a good starting point.

Regards,
Baddo.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2007, 23:39:32 »
It's a script that is included in Sgt.Ace's  AirCavalry and with it an forward artillery observer can call for artillery support.
Might be what you're looking for.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Pellejones

• Members
  • Yes, well... what?
« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2007, 23:49:45 »
The file is corrupt.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 25 Feb 2007, 23:56:03 »
Works for me. Damn what's wrong with me uploading files to OFPEC.. anyway. Uploaded it here.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: 26 Feb 2007, 06:25:08 »
Mr.Murray of MAPFACT has made a nice little artillery script using the M119 and D30, although it's not an actual (CoC style) script, but at least it's an ok simulation in my opinion. It even has sounds and a nice little dust-effect both from the howitzers and the explosions. I'm using it for a mission I'm making, albeit edited (added radio chat, increased the dispersion, changed the explosion effect, changed the timing, etc) and it works a charm.  ;)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"