Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Log in problems!  (Read 1721 times)

Offline liveforever2403

• Members
« on: 19 Feb 2007, 01:15:58 »
When accessing the site through http://www.armaeditingcenter.com, logging in seems near impossible as clicking 'Login' seems to simply refresh the page. Might be worth some users logging out and in through that URL just to make sure it is a general issue.

And god forbid it's not a phishing site is it :o?

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Log in problems!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2007, 08:51:03 »
works just dandy for me. do you have cookies enabled?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2007, 11:20:18 »
And god forbid it's not a phishing site is it

For the avoidance of doubt, no.    We don't collect any information other than that required for logging in.   We have never and will never sell any of your information to anybody.    OFPEC is by the community, for the community.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline liveforever2403

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2007, 21:16:59 »
I think your confused with hackers or acertaining data not specifically needed (here in the UK of course is illegal, how it works on the WWW i'll never know :dunno:).
A phishing site is a 3rd party website designed to look exactly like another. When a victim unwittingly types the wrong site into an address bar (e.g. http://www.opfec.com) and enters details such as logon data or perhaps more frighteningly bank details the site will take that data for fraud, theft or identity crimes.

In other words I got a little worries that someone other than OFPEC made the ArmA editting center to get OFPEC members details.

Anyway apparantly it is a division of OFPEC which is nice to know :good:! Maybe its an issue with just a couple of users :no:? We know how tempermental this site can be a times. I dunno, wont work for me.
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2007, 21:26:06 by bedges »

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2007, 21:25:22 »
Yeah but let's face it, no one really cares about your ofpec login data!  :D
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2007, 21:26:47 »
@ liveforever2403 -

please do not quote the post you are replying to - it is not necessary.

Offline liveforever2403

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2007, 21:30:26 »
@ bedges -

Yes Sergeant Major ???!

@ MachoMan -

I care :sorry::D!

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2007, 22:10:03 »
Thanks for the report liveforever2403  :)

There's been some compatibility problems with the armaeditingcenter.com domain in the past too, but we 'thought' it would be working 100% now. See if deleting all your ofpec.com and armaeditingcenter.com related cookies and cache will do anything for you, then login through ofpec.com.

The story of armaeditingcenter.com is that we were offered one free domain with the hosting deal we now have, and so in lack of any better ideas we picked armaeditingcenter.com. It's simply used to redirect people from there to here so to speak. :)

Oh, and the idea with not quoting the entire message is that it'll make the topic less readable -  quoting only the relevant part is really what's needed if any and in most cases when the following post is replying to the previous one no quoting at all is needed to keep the conversation readable.
It's just picking out the orange from the lemon basket, to keep everyone focused on the lemons really.  :)

Aaanyway, we'll be looking into the login issue. Please post here again if you get any results from the advice above.
Not all is lost.