Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Great, but..  (Read 1397 times)

Offline U_Z

• Members
Great, but..
« on: 16 Aug 2006, 22:35:01 »
OFPEC is an awesome site with awesome staff, but I do have one suggestion. Perhaps you can put a search box in the COMREF. If it had a search box then this would be a near-perfect site :).

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
Re: Great, but..
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2006, 22:51:36 »
It will probably appear at some time, but there are alot of other things to do before we get into that so be patient :) Good suggestion anyways, thank you!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2006, 23:27:43 »
Strangely, I don't see a need for a search box for the command reference.

The Front page of the command reference has an alphabetic index to choose from, so if you want to see details of say,  the  deleteVehicle command, you would click on 'D'.

Once on the 'D' page there is an index of commands on the left of the page, clicking on deleteVehicle takes you straight to the command you wanted.

Simple

In the time it takes you to enter a command into a search box and press go, you could already have written the book on the subject.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2006, 07:30:58 »
What if you don't know the alphabet?
Cymbaline

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2006, 11:35:50 »
Hehehehe, chances are, if you don't know any alphabet then you probably can't spell the command in a search box either.

So, after X amount of different tries at spelling the command in a search box you could have written a whole library on the other commands.

:wave:

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.