Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What Happened to old OFPedcenter?  (Read 2074 times)

mrmax

What Happened to old OFPedcenter?
« on: 30 Jul 2006, 00:04:05 »
Hi, I'm an old original OFP player in usa owning the UK version before the usa release.
Like many I leave OFP and come back because I still love this game. OFPEC was the best OFP resource ever!
What happened to the orginal OFPEC site?  The announcement says "we're back", is this the same group of people that ran the site previously?

As for scripting and creating missions, I really only use the editor to alter existing missions to put minor stuff that I like to have in a mission.  So if I ask seemingly stupid questions, please be patient.

Anyway it is great to see OFPEC back.

BTW how do I now connect to multiplayer games?
I absolutely hate gamespy and refuse to use it.  I used to use "all seeing eye".   What does everyone use now? 
I have Resistance with all the patches, do I need any other versions to play what others are playing in internet multiplayer?

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!

WarGamesQ

Re: What Happened to old OFPedcenter?
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2006, 18:13:03 »
try the WarGames MOD (v5)  8)

quite a few squads still play it on a regular basis: more info

(there is even a filter in ASE by default)

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: 03 Aug 2006, 14:53:04 »
The announcement says "we're back", is this the same group of people that ran the site previously?

;D Pretty much. Leadership's changed a wee bit since the olden days, and there're lots of new faces. And some old ones. Like me. *cough*

Nice to have you back anywho. Keeping OFP alive, and all. Peace out.

/Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #4 on: 06 Aug 2006, 13:13:29 »
*Joins in with Wolfrug and does the Wolfie Wiggle*

I miss that wiggly smiley. :(
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: 07 Aug 2006, 15:37:03 »
I mostly miss my trademark "smoking" smiley. Like  8) except infinately more cool. *sigh*

I wonder where all the other old farts went to. Noony's around someplace.  ::) Hm. Ah well.

/Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #6 on: 09 Aug 2006, 02:00:11 »
Wolfsbane? Wolfrug? We have to make OFPEC crash a lot more often, apparently it attracts old timers!

Indeed the new smileys are crap, I can hardly tell what half of them mean. Nothing is the same without the good ol' smiley.

Glad to see you're back mrmax, OFPEC's the place to be. Although I rarely visit it nowadays. I sort of grew up with OFPEC, it was my first internet forum, my first internet mates, my first lack of maturety on the internet. I think most of the vets are all aware of that, unfortunately. ;)

Gah, not the same with those new smileys.

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #7 on: 16 Aug 2006, 10:05:50 »

Great to see all you guys on here  :D :D
I have already supplied a set on much better smilies in the staff forum, so I hope that at least some of them can be made available in a bit.

There is a lot going on right now in the background.  Thanks for your patience chaps, we will get everthing sorted in a bit.

Rich.