Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 4 Player Flagfight with independent teams  (Read 1437 times)

Offline John

• Members
4 Player Flagfight with independent teams
« on: 12 Jul 2006, 09:42:03 »
Hi there guys!

I want to make a flagfight mission using 4 seperate teams....is this posible?...does anyone have any examples? or missions like this so I can see how its done.....is it posible for the 4 sides to be enemys so the AI will recodnize any of the other groups as enemys?.

Cheers!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: 4 Player Flagfight with independent teams
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2006, 10:16:21 »
i seem to recall that giving units sufficiently low ratings makes them "enemy" to everyone.

Code: [Select]
unit_name addrating -10000
untested. as for the 4 teams, how would you differentiate between them? civvies can carry few weapons....

Offline John

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2006, 15:26:37 »
Really?...but I also need to know how to setup the game so the other two teams....can take the flag and take it to their base and gain points and so on....and was wondering has anyone ever done this.....and if so does anyone know where I can find an example mission for example.

J

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2006, 13:14:11 »
Really?...but I also need to know how to setup the game so the other two teams....can take the flag and take it to their base and gain points and so on....and was wondering has anyone ever done this.....and if so does anyone know where I can find an example mission for example.

J

I have seen 3 way ctf fights, so I know it is possible. With extra scripting and triggers in a map I suppose 4 way would be possible.

Ive just checked my mp missions and I cant find the 3 way fight.

But 3 way ctf is possible, i know that much  ;)

Offline myke13021

• Contributing Member
  • Myke
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2006, 19:30:49 »
afaik a addrating -10000 will make a unit enemy to everyone, also for same side so AI controlled units will fire at you. This is used in DM maps.

A way around this might be the use of all 4 sides OFP offers (west, east, resistance and civilian).

If you like to use lets say east units for the civilian side, this trick will help you:

create a high ranking Civilian with probability of presence 0%
then create your "Civilian side" east units and group them with with the civilian unit. this will make them all civ sided.

About the correct use of "setflagside" for resi side and civ side i can't say anything...maybe someone else?