Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [FILE MISSING] New Custom Sound replacement v2 for OFP!!!  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Hey all, I created another Sound Conversion for OFP Resistance. I made one a hwile back ago and decided to update it. Hopefully you all like, thats iff, you like real sounds and not Hollywood style sound effects. Really, the ones I created arent from a CD or another game, although I did have to use a few just to blend in some sounds just right cause it was hard to get them cleaner sounding at times. I will also release one for OFP Cold War also for those who dont have  Resistance. I'll also release a sound pack various kinds of weapon sounds, explosions , and such. Hopefull, its hard to get to things now specially when I have kids and those who have kids also can relate  heh.

http://rapidsharing.com/download.php?id=357FEF67

All you need to do is type in the 3 digit numbers or letters into the bar and go. Some feedback is welcome. thnks all.

You too Blanco   ;)
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2007, 09:01:36 by bedges »

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
Re: New Custom Sound replacement v2 for OFP!!!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2006, 02:52:55 »
this looks interesting, ill try it

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2006, 03:35:58 »
very nice, this adds a very different feel to ofp, and improves many of the weapon noises,  I dont know how to critic a sound pack so il just say what i like.

M-16- OK I think the sound should be louder and sharper, I like the echo
M16 mortar- Excelent I love the sound of the mortar launching the explosion is also nice
M60- ok, a nice Machine gun sound I think you could find a better one
mp5- sounds the same to me, not sure if it was changed
ak-47/74- hated this sound, it is not acurate IMO
M2 MG- sounds the same as the M60
bullet hit ground noise- ok,
ak74 SPETZ- same as ak47
grenade- great improvement over BIS grenade but I like the FFUR one a little better
satchel- ok
shilka canon- sounds the same as the M2 MG, explosion- little better then BIS
G36- not changed
AUG- not changed
Xm177/XMS- same as M16
pistols- none changed
tank turret turning- sounds better than BIS
M203 grenade- little better than BIS
engine noises- not changed
helecopter weapons, heli MG- same as shilka, rockets- pretty much better than BIS, Missiles- changed but = to BIS
LAW/RPG/AT4- all sound the same, better than BIS a little
PK- sounds ok

I think thats almost everything,

people should get this mod, it changes the game play and makes ofp sound different.

chammy: IF I were to pick out some sounds and give them to you could you make me my own custom sound mod?

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2006, 04:23:19 »

chammy: IF I were to pick out some sounds and give them to you could you make me my own custom sound mod?

Yeah sure, here's my msn IM name:      samson_92250_2000@yahoo.com

Well, to elaborate on your feedback and thank you :

Most of the weapon and explosion sounds I needed to be carefull not to get them too loud because then the punch would deminish, something with Audiacity and NTrack, they couldnt keep the punch when increasing the volume. I was trying to keep that concusive punch created by the sound pressure of the weapons and explosions but I was limited to what I could use.   When firing a weapon without hearing protection weapons sound pretty much almost the same, a very very loud pop, if not, a crack or loud snap. The reason why some people say that its not accurate is cause they are more  familiar with the hollywoodish sounds, very loud and "big" sounding, but really, in a firefight its more like firecrackers and muffled deep thumps and percussive pops.   I mean there are lots of recordings that sound different, like very blaring but the sound pressure isnt there, or at least virtually.   

Now,       

The m16:  I have dozens of different ones to chose from but I chose one because it was closest to how one actually sounds in "real life" like this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irqe0B45FMQ&search=firearms
That sound there is what you would normaly hear without hearing protection. Only slightly different with other calibars. I was trying to et that in between sound.   But here are some different sounds, just remmebr there are more reflective suffaces:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eak-a788dbI&search=rifle

The ak74/ 47:  BIS seems to have it where I think you need to d something so the Editing Engine will use it, but unfortunately BIS uses only one sound for both the AK47 and 74. I mean the sound is there under ak47Burst, but it dont use it.  And the AK74 sound, check out this video:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_USX3Fq7hlw&search=insurgents%20%20station
The AK sounds like in America's Army are what they would sound if you were in an enclosed area like a city or a town with plenty of buildings and walls.
K, there notice the surounding buildings and the reverb sound that comes off them, and the baddies are firing from under a yawning so the sound is different there too.
A grenade sound, when it explodes it sounds like a huge back fire, but when caught on video you hear the flechets of shrapnel flying outward and that blaring sound, not the actuall boom sound like this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4vMXymkhlY&search=army%20range
I think FFUR uses the one from America's Army or Ghost Recon. Its ok, I just wanted to use something from scratch :D

The MP5 is supposed to be silent according to the game but I can put a different silencer sound on it. Its actually right on. I can also put a different sound for the M2, the M2 is alot more drony or deeper than the M60, just listen closely, I guess I might need to make them more distinct to the untrained ear.  Like here:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO2VF0QBrJE&search=gun%20range
This is what it sounds like on a range, that M240 is like an M60 but I wanted to keep the percussiveness so maybe thats why it sounds like the M2.   

Since I am not able to change all the sounds because then it requires me to change the BIN.config and such like Dynamic Range and ECP does but thats a little to complicated for me. The LAW, RPG, AA sounds use the same sound, the 203 and Grenade are same, except for launch,    ,.. altough, BIS has a sound addon called SoundBIS, that takes care of the sounds for the pistols and Styer and G36 that I also changed, I will post that later also in a bit.

I did change the M113 and M1A1 engine sounds plus the URL and BMP engines. the "hit_man" sounds and several others that I cant remmeber and the 3 battle sounds , also the thunder and wind.

Thanks for the fedback bro ;D

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2006, 19:57:08 »
This is beta testing? I thought it was complete?

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2006, 20:29:05 »
If it isn't in beta testing it doesn't belong in any board.

Complete resources are submitted to the Editors Depot, otherwise they are for beta testing.

Now, I know the submission system is NOT working yet, but that is not my department, my job is to manage the forum and keep the boards in line as far as possible.

The beta testing board seemed like the best solution to the problem for me, and probably for you too.

;)

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2006, 03:14:27 »
Oh.. :-\

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2006, 07:16:47 »
yeah, i think its pretty much almost complete, I think you need to update some of the sounds, i really wish, realistic or not that you would change the AK sound, because it iratates me that it sounds so flimsy. I would like the pack alot more if you cahnge the AK cause thats like the main sound.