Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CENTO: The Forgotten Alliance  (Read 1530 times)

SgtSlick

CENTO: The Forgotten Alliance
« on: 05 Jun 2006, 01:46:25 »
I have an untouched idea for a campaign! How about we put NATO at the sideline while we focus more on one area. that's where CENTO comes in (Central Treaty Organization). It was a Cold War alliance much like NATO that consisted of Turkey, Iraq, Iran, and Pakistan. Probably most of you all have never heard of it; but i assure you it exists. Take a look at what happened to this alliance and what all things went wrong.

My idea is to place the player into the Pakistani shoes and have the time period just as the soviets invade Afghanistan:

1) Soviets invade
2) Pakistani soldiers cooperate with US agents going north
3) The Soviet Union end up invading Pakistan (fictitious parts from here)]
4) Turkey invades Cyprus (British forces withdraw and here is where the alliance dies in reality)
5) Tensions with Turkey and the UK start to rise freezing any military help from both allies
6) Iran sends little help against the soviets, and the US still is not reacting overtly
7) Second (1971) In do-Pakistani War
8) USS Enterprise arrives in Bay of Bengal along with Soviet navy ships carrying nuclear missiles

... more later

amended link - bedges
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2006, 21:55:32 by bedges »

SgtSlick

Re: CENTO: The Forgotten Alliance
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2006, 22:09:16 »
Ok... back...

Now you could see how difficult this campaign would be. Not to mention that Iran eventually goes through a revolution and withdraws from the alliance.

no comments?

Offline MajorGrunt

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jun 2006, 00:53:05 »
Well, wouldn't you need a lot of new addons?  Is there an Afghaniustan island or an island that would hav ehte comination of mountains desert  and etc?  Also handling the different order of battles for the various groups would take some analysis.  With the Indo-Pakistan conflict what would the theshold be for nucs?  It would be a good campaign  givien the right support  and some intell on the Various countires OBs, TOEs and SOPs (Order of Battles, Table of Orangization and Equipement and and standard operating procedures).  Taht is if you want to insert some degree of realism. 

SgtSlick

« Reply #3 on: 08 Jun 2006, 01:36:57 »
Its a thought thrown out there its not a future mod. But i think it would be a very nice mod if it ever got up. I think it would be a fine campaign in all. But yes some intell will be needed. But im sure wikipedia has a lot of good info.