Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Missing Addon?  (Read 2428 times)

LordTedrick

Missing Addon?
« on: 27 May 2006, 14:45:41 »
I have a message which appears half way through the loading of OPF

• ;'; unknown operator

It doesn't seem to effect anything during the game, but I just wondered whether anyone else had this or knows what causes it.

Many Thanks

LordTedrick

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
Re: Missing Addon?
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2006, 15:32:41 »
This is most likely caused because the addon itself has some kind of scripting bug.  I have found a few such addons through the years...although I couldn't tell you which ones they were.

Anyway, the bug never affected my OFP in any way, and I never really noticed anything that went wrong with the units, either.

-Pilot

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2006, 16:49:23 »
This is most likely caused because the addon itself has some kind of scripting bug.
That is caused by a config error, all scripts that some addon use are loaded up when a mission using that particular addon loads up, not when OFP loads up..

The most recent AddOn causing that error (that I know of) was Fischkopp's Humwee pack, which was later fixed..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

LordTedrick

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2006, 18:08:29 »
Thanks for the info guys ;D

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jun 2006, 14:14:48 »
It's not actuallly a missing addon (which scares most of us, groans of where the hell do I fiind it stuff) but rather just a simple enuff syntax error in one of your addons.

do a google search for my tool OfpLint. It will quickly scan addons and pick up these typical errors. That wont help you fix it, but at least you'll know _which_ addon to go hunting for a later version or fix.
Just say no to bugz

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2006, 10:21:56 »
Dunno if I'm doing something wrong but my google searchs on OFPLint only produce this thread, the old ofpec editors depot (which of course doesn't exist) and then this site...

???

LordTedrick

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2006, 11:55:24 »
I can not find OfpLint from a google search as well. I am also  missing something else, I get the message: No Entry 'Config,cpp/CFGWeapons.DKMM_RSC_VehicleSmokers. Any Idea what addon or update is missing?

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2006, 13:06:57 »
My guess would be an missing 'AddOn' called DKMM_RSC.pbo.. Or you have an outdated version of it..
It's a smallish file (a bit over 3MB) they use to store all kinds of miscellaneous scripts and things shared by almost all of their AddOns (for easier updating etc..)..
You should find that .pbo in all of their vehicle AddOns/packs..

Oh, and here's the DKM Mod website..

LordTedrick

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2006, 14:56:30 »
Thanks for the link. Now I have that one sorted I have another, MAS_M4. What addon does this one come with. I have tried a few searches by cant find it. I thought it would be the weapon for Franze & NodUnit Apache pilot so I re-downloaded but still get this adddon missing. Can some helpful chappie point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks

AD
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2006, 13:30:12 by adam vaughan »