Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Police Campaign  (Read 4283 times)

SWATentryman

Police Campaign
« on: 18 Oct 2002, 20:58:25 »
I got a bright idea while playing Shadows "Cops" today! Maybe a campaign for single player involving Nogova. You can be a police officer in the NP&LA (Nogova Police and Law Agency.) You are investigating a string of bank robberies in the Nogova Islands. They started on Everon, and now have ended up in killing 4 people, and 2 of our own NPLA officers in several deadly foiled robberys. You are John Edwards, a 10 year vetern of the police service. You are the lead officer on this case, and after the Russian invasion one year ago, we are very short on officers, weapons and helicopters. Some of the brave officers fought the Russians, and over 10 didn't make it back. Now, we have the Black Aces Gang, a group of Russian ex-cons. They are mostly armed with AK's, but the groups leader, Bouser McHaster has been rumered to carry a PK machinegun. Your first mission will be a small recruiting misson, looking for officers across the Nogova Landscape.. Then The Hunt for the deadly gang starts...

Tell Me If You Like The Story

SWATENTRYMAN
 ;D ;D  :) :) :) :) :D :D :D ::) ::) :P :P 8) 8) :o :o :D :D ;) ;) ;) :) :)

Kaliyuga

Re:Police Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2002, 22:00:36 »
  Sounds cool to me... would this have cool new addons that I could blow up as well?     There was alot of talk a while back about a police campaign/mod   but I haven't heard anything lately...

But our mod is making all kinds of neat criminals/vehicles/weapons that would probably come in handy for yer idea.... if you made some we could swap ;)
 Obviously I can't (or won't) elaborate on our addon ideas right now ;D

But I know there were also some really good models for police vehicles like a motorcycle and swat van out there before Quicksilver dropped off the face of OFPEC ::)  I've been meaning to try and contact him about taking up where he left off and finishing them up.... or something ..

I also was thinking that if there are any of those mods still going... you'd probably do well to try and hook up with one of them.. sounds like you got good ideas for missions

SWATentryman

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2002, 06:45:51 »
Well... I Can't Really Make Addons Yet... But I Can Make Good Missions and write briefings!

Write Me At nick@tammyswebdesign.com

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #3 on: 20 Oct 2002, 20:03:55 »
Hi, I'm working on 3 diferent projects and one of them is a kind of police mod, is based in the H&K weapons addon from The Lost Brothers mod, I have some units that are send to Everon to help an asses the local police force on the new problem they have in there, the problem? a drugs cartell that is operating in one of the near islands and had targeted Everon as a big fruitfull bussines place ;Dthat rings the bell Kali?  ;DI allready stared a few missions but I have to smoth them out, the only addon I using is the H&K pak so its easyer for the player, one addon for a hall campaign, is a big one but is worth it, however, wen I see the addons from the Everon Cartel I may fall in love with them and I want to use them to. ;D ;)
 Ciao all
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

The Avon Lady

« Reply #4 on: 20 Oct 2002, 20:15:45 »
Download and play the NPD mission on The FAQ's M.O.M. page. Also read my comments there about just such a campaign.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2002, 21:48:06 »
wen I see the addons from the Everon Cartel I may fall in love with them and I want to use them to. ;D ;)

......  You will ;) :cheers:

Commando

« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2002, 00:27:00 »
very nice idea! I'd love to try one of these... :D
It would be fun to try. Im making my own campaign Airwar but it will have special forces and some fihÂ'gts in cities to. :)

Bronski

« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2002, 22:55:10 »
After finding the "NPD" mission from Avon Lady's site i thought about messing around with police missions like that.

Oh, can the main character, John Edwards, speak to the dead?  You know, John Edward, his show Crossing Over on which he speaks to the dead?  Sorry, couldn't resist.  ;D

Anyways, back on topic.  I like the idea of having your guy recruiting and investigating but the rest of the plot sounds like a action movie.  To me it doesn't sound to realistic, kind of cheesy.  I don't think you could could a big story out of that.

If i were doing this i would have the campaign revolve around a meeting of delegates from around the world.  A few missions could involve the gang you mentioned and they have connections to some terrorist type group/s.  Toward the end all hell could break loose and you and the other officers have to protect the delegates and such.

A whole police campaign would be good but it would need a good, in depth story, and good dialogue.  

I am an aspiring writer so i tend to analyze the hell out of the stories for missions/campaigns.  ;D  Some just have unrealistic and stupid stories and even worse dialogue.  When campaigns have characters most of the time all the characters talk the same.  None are distinctive in the way they talk.

Stalker

« Reply #8 on: 23 Oct 2002, 12:09:47 »
Guys there was a MOD called Nogovo Police MOD but it is dead now I think. Maybe somebody will orgonize and create a new one ?

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2002, 19:25:41 »
Guys there was a MOD called Nogovo Police MOD but it is dead now I think. Maybe somebody will orgonize and create a new one ?
As far as I know it is gone, I was part of it and I never heard from anyone sense Quiksilver had to take it easy because of colledge, hi don't have the time for it, and I was in a similar predictiment my selfe :-\ Now I'm working in a cuple of thinks and I got another mod idea in mind that I would like to see going on but for that I would need a hall team and is nothing to do with a police mod anyway.
 But so far I'm tring with my "Police gets help from some German guys" campaign, I let you know as soon as I polished them off.
Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

Kaliyuga

« Reply #10 on: 24 Oct 2002, 02:25:05 »
 anyone who is really intereseted should try and at least get a hold of Quicksilver somehow.. I know he hosted all of his pics of the 3d Models he was working on at a yahoo briefcase , so I'm assuming he has an email addy at yahoo also

anyways.. he has a few really sweet 3D models that would go a long way towards whatever police mod anyone wanted to do...   from what i remember he had a police motorcycle, and a SWAT van that were pretty much completed... just need some texturing done and .cpp editing

Waterman

« Reply #11 on: 24 Oct 2002, 13:12:11 »
If a Police MOD is set up, then could you please make a POLICE STATION!  I need it for Skye and perhaps the Everon Cartel.

Cheers,
Waterman. 8)

Gameer_77

« Reply #12 on: 24 Oct 2002, 15:16:31 »
Download and play the NPD mission on The FAQ's M.O.M. page. Also read my comments there about just such a campaign.

NPD 2 is currently in development. I can't reveal too much, but it's a big improvement over the original. You'll see... :-X

8)PEACE

The Avon Lady

« Reply #13 on: 24 Oct 2002, 18:42:25 »
NPD 2 is currently in development. I can't reveal too much, but it's a big improvement over the original. You'll see... :-X
/avon kicks police jeep tires to make sure it's ready ;)

SWATentryman

« Reply #14 on: 26 Oct 2002, 05:15:17 »
Well, I Remade The Story, And Here It Is:

You are Sonny Bonds, A Captain in the Lytton PD Robbery/Homicide. You are well known for capturing and killing Jesse Bains, a serial killer. You now are a detective, investigating the case of Jesse Bains JR, who was born the year before his father was killed. He wants revenge on LPD, and will stop at nothing to get it. You start investigating a small robbery, then you recive word of a murder similar to the James murders. Then it gets worse, till a terrible thing happens.. an LPD officer is slain. You must stop him at nothing!

Like It??

VIPER