Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Editor Help  (Read 8056 times)

Echo5Hotel

Editor Help
« on: 26 Jan 2006, 20:17:34 »
I became quite good with creating missions in the PC version of the game with the gracious help of many on these boards.  However, I am completely lost on this new editor for OFPE.  Is there a manual somewhere that can tell me how to use this thing?  How do you sync way points etc?  I can't even get a squad of infantry to enter a BMP without the BMP taking off, the squad taking off or something similarly irritating occuring.     >:( :(

Someone told me that there was a manual available with information on how to use the editor on OFPE but I can't seem to locate it.  The information they put in the actual game manual is laughable.  ;D

Any help or nudges in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.  :)
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2006, 20:18:21 by Echo5Hotel »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re:Editor Help
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2006, 00:23:03 »
There is a manual/tutorial in the Editing Depot for the Xbox editor, search elite or xbox.

There isn't unfortunately a way to synch waypoints.

I think you have to put the dudes in an emtpy bmp. I'm not a 100% sure though I haven't done much with the xbox editor.
Xbox Rocks

Xbox15

Re: Editor Help
« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2006, 15:35:41 »
Hi Im New Here Hey I Need Anyone Rply This Questions

how do i mount some infantry boys on a chopper i put load, but where i put to the infantry boys get in in the chopper i have months trying this thing f***k i cant do that so please  Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2006, 16:00:53 »
Andy, 

I believe you use a getin waypoint into an empty chopper, I'm not mistaken. If you are talking about the editor part of the game.
Someone else might have a better answer suggestion, I haven't spent that much time in the xbox editor to be positive.

Hoz

Xbox Rocks

Xbox15

« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2006, 16:38:12 »
no but the chopper have the pilots so i want to mount the infantry boys in and i cant please help i need you to tell how do mae the cpu mount those bots on the damn chopper

Xbox15

« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2006, 16:40:56 »
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee I Want This But The Chopper do not load the infantry boys and make the attack

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 23 Sep 2006, 16:49:31 »
Try using an empty chopper with a getin way point. I think this is what you want to do.
Xbox Rocks

Xbox15

« Reply #7 on: 23 Sep 2006, 16:59:44 »
i ve do the same thing but i need 2 pilost and the basic squad but only who mounts on the chopper are the pilost the basic just go to the anther waypoint on feet .

Offline Andreas Ludwig

• Members
    • Homefront Wargame Center
« Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2006, 22:06:18 »
how do i mount some infantry boys on a chopper i put load, but where i put to the infantry boys get in in the chopper i have months trying this thing f***k i cant do that so please  Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I have some problems to understand what you are actually asking but if it is  how to get one group to get in a chopper that already has a pilot then I have to tell you that this doesn't work in OFP: Elite. The "Load" waypoint simpy doesn't work. If you want to have a squad making an attack using a copter then you need an empty heli and then you can give the squad a get in nearest waypoint followed by other waypoints depending on your mission (guard, move, hold, search & destroy - in any order to get the best result).

Cheers,

Andreas
HOMEFRONT WARGAME CENTER - supporting our hobby!
Visit our HQ at www.homefrontcenter.de

Xbox15

« Reply #9 on: 28 Sep 2006, 07:53:55 »
im sorry for asking that i know you have problems to understand this questions but i do not speak english too much sooooo
here the problem= i canÂ't mount some infantry boys on a helicopter with pilots pleeeeze if not (DAMN!!!)
tell me if i can this or not(if im writing bad or you cant understand what im saying sorry i do not speak much
english) if i cant (Thank God) tell me the waypoints here my mission   west need to kill many soviets hours 8:35AM
    is in the desert 8) so there are six black in the air to the battle zone but, wait, i canĂ‚'t mount those soldiers on the damn
chopper with pilots, and the cpu do not know what to do, then,  continue her waypoint and the mans keep their get out waypoint on feet help

Offline Andreas Ludwig

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 28 Sep 2006, 14:13:11 »
Ok, let's see if I did understand you right:

You want to have some soldiers that are on ground when the mission starts to board some copters that are in the air. The copters shall pick them up to bring the soldiers to the battle area where the soldiers have to jump out to kill some Russians - correct?

If that's correct it will not work because a) the load waypoint isn't functional in Elite when you have different units (don't ask me why).

But there are other ways to achieve the effect, though:

1.) Put empty copters on the ground in the camp where all your west soldiers start. Every Squad that ought to make an attack on the Russians jumping out of a copter gets a get in nearest waypoint which will make them board the empty copter and two of them will act as pilot and gunner. Then you give them an unload waypoint with the marker exactly where you want to have them disembarking to fight the enemies (when you put an invisible Helipad there, the pilots will try to lower at this exact place - without the helipad just with the command marker they will check to see where the best landing area is). Then you can give them a search and destroy waypoint to get them hunting for the Russians and this will mean that both the disembarked infantry will do so and the Blackhawk, which gives an impressive effect of air cover for those fighting on the ground, especially when you have two or three copters with a squad on board. When you do this with a normal squad you'll still have 7 soldiers per Blackhawk that will disembark and fight (remember: two soldiers will act as pilot and gunner) while up to three copters roar over the battle area to keep the fun going. You could then give them a load waypoint (which will make the copters lowering to allow the soldiers to embark again) followed by a move waypoint to the west camp and then a get out waypoint, so everybody who survived the battle can disembark where the units initially started.

2.) When you want to make this attack with the players unit it's not a problem. You can give the copter some move waypoints starting in the near of the west camp and flying over the area with the Russians and then some move waypoints back, the last waypoint being a cycle order in the near of the first waypoint. That will make the copters fly around these waypoints and when you want to board a copter you simply can a) point your gun at the Blackhawk and then you use the right trigger which will give your comrades the command to board that Blackhawk (the pilots will lower to pick them up and then move according to their flight path) or b) tell "everybody mount that Blackhawk - ride in back" which will have the same effect. When you are in the air wait until you are near the expected battle area and then give your squad a "disembark" command which again will make the pilots lower the copter and everybody can get out. The copter will take off again and fly around the waypoints. When the battle is over everybody who's left just have to wait until the copters come back (they keep flying until they are shot down or don't have any fuel anymore, the latter is very unlikely to happen) and then simply repeat the commands: to board them, waiting to arrive at the west camp, disembark command and you are back home.

Hope that helps  :)

sorry i do not speak much english

No problem, I'm not a native speaker either, so I suppose it's more difficult for me to understand you than it is for a native english speaker. We could try German  :D

Cheers,

Andreas

Xbox15

« Reply #11 on: 19 Oct 2006, 00:24:01 »
 :( So You are telling that i cant mount infantry on a chopper with bots(Pilots) Huh?       

Im Very Unlikely Thanks

And I Do Not Talk Germany Just Spanish You Got It?

Im Not Threaten You If Thats You Think So I Cant Just The Blackhawk Go And Disembark Boys
And Get To Base Thanks I Will Get  Those Tips To My Head

Thanks!           Andy

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 19 Oct 2006, 04:53:27 »
Andy

Andreas is just trying to help and understand what your asking. We all know there are language barriers. Try keep your posts friendly and mature as possible.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Andreas Ludwig

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 19 Oct 2006, 21:58:48 »
So You are telling that i cant mount infantry on a chopper with bots(Pilots) Huh?

You can't tell AI controlled infantry to mount a vehicle that has already passengers or drivers, they won't mount it, even when you tell the drivers/pilots to get out first - for whatever reason it simply doesn't work. You can mount such a vehicle with soldiers from your own human controlled team and you can have AI infantry mount a vehicle when the vehicle is empty.

Im Very Unlikely Thanks

???

And I Do Not Talk Germany Just Spanish You Got It?

Yes, I understand. I suppose you don't realize that "you got it?" sounds rather harsh but anyway the reference to German was just a joke...

Im Not Threaten You If Thats You Think So I Cant Just The Blackhawk Go And Disembark Boys
And Get To Base Thanks I Will Get  Those Tips To My Head

Btw writing it all in capitals makes it even more difficult to read/understand....
You can make the copter disembark your boys when an empty copter is embarked by a squad. One will stay as the pilot and an unload waypoint will make the remaining soldiers disembark the blackhawk.

Andreas

P.S.: Thanks hoz, but I don't think he is actually unfriendly, he doesn't realize that it comes across this way.

Xbox15

« Reply #14 on: 21 Oct 2006, 02:58:22 »
thanks cool i think i can get more help and i did not want to be unfriendly :dunno:  :confused: thanks for the tips