Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Weapon p3ds  (Read 2215 times)

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
Weapon p3ds
« on: 26 Jan 2006, 10:46:40 »
I am wondering what's the "modules"(?) for two weapons.  As in their scopes.  I've found the SVD Dragunov 'p3d' file which is:  opt_snip_noflash.p3d (i found it in O.pbo file, in the guns folder . . .).  I would like to know the Resistance sniper rifle's scope and the West sniper rifle's scope p3d files.  So I can use them for a cutscreen, etc.

Hopefully you know what I am talking about.

I've searched all over the place, I even looked through a lot of PBO files and such, but not luck.  Watch, some person is going to say "Well you haven't looked hard enough" like everyone else said to me back in the day when I asked a "simple" question.  Homever, this time, I think it's much more difficult.  

Where can I find these files, like what addon should I look through . . . if they are in there.  Or how should I make my own . . . should I download an addon creater or something, if so, where?

Thanks for you time.
Take care.

Bye.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Weapon p3ds
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2006, 15:19:07 »
The SVD_dragunov_proxy.p3d does NOT use opt_snip_noflash.p3d as its optics model.

It uses optika_snpiere.p3d which is in Data3D.pbo.

The M21_proxy.p3d uses optika_snpierw.p3d for optics, this is also in Data3D.pbo

The hunting rifle O_WP\Remington.p3d uses O_WP\cs_optika.p3d.
These models, the rifle and the optics, are both in O_WP.pbo.

Planck
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2006, 15:21:27 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2006, 22:26:41 »
Thank You!   ;D

I found the opt_snip_noflash.p3d by looking into the Resistance Campaign, FaceToFace mission, the intro.  They used that for the optics.

But, thanks for your help!   ;D

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2006, 23:14:21 »
Those three p3d files work, but they have the flash on it.  The M21 has a flash mark right in the center of the optic viewer.  The others have a white mark on a different side.  Are there other p3d files that don't have them, like on the other old p3d file I was using with "noflash" in it.  (Which is used int he campaign . . .)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2006, 03:37:36 »
No, the optics without the muzzleflash for the dragunov is the only one I know of.

Does it really matter whether you can see the muzzle flash through the optics or not?

Planck

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2006, 04:27:20 »
I wanted to try to find out where I could find the file for the M21 and or the Hunting Rifle so I can use it like the SVD in the Resistance Campaign.  Like a "sniper" spy.  What kind of file is viewed their the scope when you don't shot anyways?  Isn't it a p3d file?  Do you think that the opt_snip_noflash.p3d file was only made purposely for the campaign use?  I am thinking of a mission or a cool cutscene that I can make for two snipers looking for each other, or something along those lines, etc.  Or all three... East, West, Guer.

Thanks for trying/helping, to help me etc.  If you're confused just tell me, I'm sorry if you are.

Take care, bye.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2006, 14:20:58 »
As I said in my last post, there are no other optic models for sniper rifles without muzzleflashes.

The opt_snip_noflash.p3d file is as you said probably a one off made for a particular purpose, it is not configured for use by the default game dragunov.

I say again, there are no equivalent files for the M21 or the Hunting Rifle.

What kind of file is viewed their the scope when you don't shot anyways?

The muzzleflash only shows when you DO shoot, if you are using the optics for spying the muzzleflash is not visible..........unless you fire.
If you want it so the muzzleflash doesn't show even when you fire, then you will have to make your own addon with a suitably altered dragunov config.....set to use the opt_snip_noflash.p3d file for optics.

You could also do the same for the M21 and the Hunting Rifle, but you would need to remove the muzzleflash texture from their optics models.

;)

Planck
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2006, 14:26:15 by Planck »

SogSeal

Re: Weapon p3ds
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jun 2006, 22:13:19 »
hey guys does data3d.pbo has all AK's and M16 3d models?

its just im looking for original M16 rifle, want to change textures of it and add more polygons:D

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jun 2006, 23:27:18 »
ya data3d.pbo has all the m16/ak models as well as every other single model in original OFP.

SogSeal

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jun 2006, 00:19:32 »
ya data3d.pbo has all the m16/ak models as well as every other single model in original OFP.

alright..tnx alot mate

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: 28 Jun 2006, 19:46:57 »
@OFPWiZard
I don't know if you are still looking for optics without the muzzle flash, but it just so happens that I made an addon not too long ago which solves this problem.  Look at this thread for more info.

-Pilot