Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Too young to Die  (Read 6380 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Too young to Die
« on: 21 Jan 2006, 10:18:35 »
Well ive tried to download the latest version of the camapign since i downaloaded the original ages ago and it was updated and i still have the original
But anyway i cant right click and save it saves a .html called "Nolinking" so i couldnt download the file
If i just click with no right click it automattically starts to download and once finished its an empty .zip file and i have this problem all the time the wat i solve it is to actually save it on my computer using right click save target as but it wont allow

Any ideas ?

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:Too young to Die
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2006, 11:46:26 »
Here's a very recent topic about it by Pilot:
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=26901

In addition, in a conversation continued with IM's, Pilot said he solved the problem for himself like this:
Hey Artak,

I was able to find a fix with the way XP handles ZIP files.  This site here has a registry file which restores the default settings for ZIP files.  Download the ZIP registry file (it's at the bottom of the list) and run it.  A prompt will appear, simply click ok and the registry file will reset the ZIP file's default settings.

I just tried it and it worked for me.

-Pilot

Sadly and oddly, it didn't do the trick for me, but have a go at it 456820, maybe it works for you too as it did for Pilot.  :)

Not all is lost.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2006, 12:12:24 »
well ill have a go but i have wndows 2000 not XP so it may not work but thanks anyway

Offline nettrucker

• Members
  • Too young to die-OFP Campaign by TOY & nettrucker
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2006, 14:26:45 »
Hi 456820

sorry to hear about this problem and I hope that noonelse encountered such kinds of probs. Anyway there are some solutions posted on BI Forums  where you can try.
Regards
TOY & nettrucker

p.s. BTW thanks for having opened this topic. ;D ;D

Offline nettrucker

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2006, 14:39:33 »
Hi all

I just wanted to thank you, shadow, for this fantastic review you wrote. Not bad for the first review. I tried to answer your mail you sent me but evidentially it' wasn't a working e-mail address since every time I replied it gave me an error message. Nonetheless a great job you did.

We were very pleased and it's a big honor for us heaving earned the OFPECs seal of approval for our mini campaign.
This means really much to us, since Ofpecs mission reviewers are the toughest and also the most fair authority for mission reviewing.

Even TOY and me don't post too much in the forums but we're always following this site.

Thanks to all OFPEC Staff members for this fantastic site and keep up the good work.

Regards
TOY & nettrucker
 ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2006, 17:24:26 by nettrucker »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2006, 18:40:30 »
oh yeah forgot to solve this
I got the download link of a link posted inthe BI forums thread
It does seem different to the version i had so it was best to make sure
Great camapign

Topic solved

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2006, 20:37:41 »
Ofpecs mission reviewers are the toughest and also the most fair authority for mission reviewing.
I like the sound of that. ;)
For the same reason we don't get much comments like the above.. being tough but fair means 1/100 feedback is negative.  ;D
Not all is lost.

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
To Young To Kill
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2006, 08:34:22 »
Just downloaded Too Young To Die. Seemed pretty hyped up, so I thought, let's give it a shot. Downloaded it started it. From the off it lagged like a bitch. WAY too many props, useless crates, fires that are always inflame true.
For some reason my benchmark has recently halved, which makes it slow to a crawl once you get to Deep Coast.
So, as my squad didn't seem to want to do anything after getting out of the truck I ran over to the the cliff from where I could see a Blackhawk hovering for no apparent reason. I thought, well, that's a waste of fuel and decided to shoot at it.
Took one shot expecting it to bounce of against the bodywork but nope, one shot, one kill. The pilot took the bullet right between his eyes and the Blackhawk plummeted to it's doom.
Took a few screenshots from the cliff and decided to take some close ups. Was promptly arrested for leving my squad behind.. after managing to take a photo of the eascaped gunner lying dead on the ground near the dead chopper.
Strange though, murder is perfectly fine, but wandering 200metres from your squad gets you arrested ::)
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2006, 08:36:06 by XCess »

Offline nettrucker

• Members
Re:Too young to Die - never too young to kill
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2006, 14:05:33 »
Hi XCess

seems that you're a bad, bad boy ... shooting on your own troops, LOL! ;D

Seemed pretty hyped up  

Well this isn't our fault, we did nothing to hype our campaign up.

From the off it lagged like a female dog. WAY too many props, useless crates, fires that are always inflame true.

That is not entirely accurate, it depends on your computer specs. RAM is very important. I had some probs too, when my RAM was too small, now I've updated to 1 Ghz and I don't have no problems with lagging anymore, useless crates - hmm at least you can take some Mortars to cause some damage to the landing troops. Fires - well it's almost dark.

Strange though, murder is perfectly fine, but wandering 200metres from your squad gets you arrested  

Yeah man, we didnt foresee all the bad boys like you  shooting on your on troops, LOL.  Kidding apart, I told TOY, to not exaggerate with the getting arrested thing once you're leaving your squad, but he wouldn't listen. he likes to tease sometimes people. Well he did it mostly for the reason that you don't move away from the position your CO assigns you to.

Anyway since you're suffering lag when playing, it's no fun to proceed with this campaign, so it's up to ypu to decide whether to go on or to stop. We advised people about the lag they might encounter since it's a pretty heavy download.

However, we experienced one thing  . . .you can't do it right to everyone. There are people who like it and people who don't.
It's just a game.
Regards
TOY & nettrucker ;D ;D

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2006, 14:12:32 »
Was a fun lil time I had shootin down that chopper though :D

I got 512mb DDR RAM, a geForce FX5500 and I think an Athlon 2400+ but I'm not too sure on that. Benn months since I put it in, but for some reason I've been getting a real low benchmark (about 2,500) used to be in the 4000s.

About the fires, would have been a nice lil idea to inflame false when ur not so close, I jumped out the truck a coupla times to turn fires off.

And your mate TOM likes to annoy :P First time I played the mission I got arrested for accidentally taking a grenade from the truck which meant I got in the truck after everyone else.

Seems like it would be a great campaign, if only I could have had a higher framerate.

And yay! my post got moved into the thread I wanted it to be in. I hate it when people solve threads I want to reply to  >:( ;D

Offline nettrucker

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jan 2006, 14:32:32 »
Hi XCess,

look i had some real probs when I was low on RAM. I only have 1.4 Ghz AMD Athlon processor but tuning up to 1Ghz of RAM this problem doesn't exist anymore. Moreover prices really went down on RAM, it's not that much expensive anymore. I bought 512 MB for 40 Euros. I'm pretty sure with more RAM you'll solve this problem of the benchmark and lagging issues, or better I presume it will be solved.

The matter of the fireplaces ... well we must admitt you got a point on this one. We could've done it as you suggested but it's too late right now. Hope you'll have some fun with this campaign
Anyway thanks for commenting.
Cheers and regards
TOY & nettrucker ;D ;D

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 24 Jan 2006, 14:50:33 »
Think I'll follow your advice on the RAM when I get a bit of extra money, always nice to have an excuse to upgrade ;D

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #12 on: 24 Jan 2006, 15:03:33 »
RAM has no impact on your benchmark number, which is primarily (and possibly exclusively) based on CPU speed.   However, RAM naturally has a significant impact on performance.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline nettrucker

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 24 Jan 2006, 16:10:00 »
Hi MacGuba
Thanks for enlightening us about the benchmark problem. I didn't know this either.
Cheers

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 24 Jan 2006, 16:34:46 »
Masybe my CPU's dying them. Would explain the constant cutouts and drop of benchmark... Well, I did sit on my computer at the airport...