Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Fallen Armour Idea?  (Read 1375 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Fallen Armour Idea?
« on: 17 Jan 2006, 05:52:11 »
Hey everyone. I thought of a cool mission plot. That was just an idea.

***PLOT***
Your a U.S. Sniper and your mission is to recover captured armour and info from enemy soviet hands.

We had a secret mission where we transported secret documents in this tank which now the Russians have a hold of. We are not sure on the lives of the crew that were in the tank. What we do know is that they are planning to destroy the tank and then with the evidence they have about our information plan to attack our positions.

The Russians also know we're going to come and they plan to blow up the tank the next day sometime. So we must get in there and take out the soldiers that will blow up the tank and recover the lost documents of our positions. You must not be detected or else the Russians will destroy the tank and secure our secret documents to the point of very hard recovery. Good Luck*

All right, that is an Idea I had. If anybody would like to comment on this mission, please let me know here. Thanks all.
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:Fallen Armour Idea?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2006, 21:29:10 »
well how do the Russians know that the US are coming ? Maybe an explanation A black op already was sent but was captured and spilt vital information ?

The idea sounds pretty good but could do with some padding out, Sniper missions are very hard to make basically because you can take people out from long range making the mission very easy.

I have made a sniper mission where i managed to over come this realistically have small patrols around where the sniper shall be inserted but still at a further range, and with the use of a AI scripts link the patrols to groups in the town or base to come and search the area once the Sniper has been spotted.

In the mission there could be some suprises such as the tank crew taken captive making the mission more harder which could result in US reinforcements come and attack the base whilst you support there advance to rescue the Crew.
Or you are told to make a sacrifice take out the AT teams who could take out the tank, then you must kill the US captives so they dont slip up in interogation.

Something along those lines might give the mission an extra boost.

Also how about an Outro-lose? the player is taken captive if something goes wrong, and they are shot with the tank Crew's.
The mission could be a good one but Sniper missions are hard to make
Ive seen many sniper missions get graded a 2 or 3 not becuase the mission itself was bad but the fact that the sniper element takes alot out of the mission.

Re: Fallen Armour Idea?
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2006, 23:15:03 »
 maybe evan i an ambush in a valley     

PetriHonka

Re: Fallen Armour Idea?
« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2006, 21:27:42 »
how about a blackhawk being shot down mid-way and you having to rescue the crew of that as well. this could also cause the patrols to be more vigilant.