Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mission submission  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Chaos

• Contributing Member
  • The best Missions are realistic Missions !
    • Operation Flashpoint Database
Mission submission
« on: 11 Jan 2006, 17:31:06 »
After looong time i am uploaded my mission "Operation Black Mamba" via the FTP.

The following text is from the ofpmdb.

This new version has many, many bugfixes, new scritps and features.

After a development time of about 14 months Chaos a.k.a ChaosStudios finally released a project, which I haven't seen in OFP concerning complexity, the deepness of its play and the fun.
Many of you know that I assisted this mission as a Beta tester on its 100 development steps. But it never got boring and I was excited every time when I was allowed to take another "walk" through it. A reason for this is its dynamic. It is not that various like "Leaves in the wind" but the behaviour of the enemys fits very well to your way of dealing with this mission that I considered it very realistic. Later more to that

Story:
An explicit Story-Lineup you will get during the Intro. Here a short summary:
Since a few months big fights are taking place on the island of Tonal. Neither the UN nor the Americans want to interfere publicly in this fight. End of June 2006 the rebels gained control over the island. The president and his family have been stopped on the way to the airport, kidnapped and murdered.  The members of the gouvernment moved undercover in the stream of the fugitives or are already in a  foreign country. The oil-minister has been kidnapped and brought together with some important files about the oil-trade between The United States and Tonal, somewhere into the jungle.

After that the president of the United States sent in a covert team to do a covert operation. The task is: to bail out or kill the oil-minister and to secure the notebook or atleast the containing data.

Concerning the intro I can say that it is really nice. Some of you might find it a little bit too long with its 10 minutes. But every minute is worth looking at it.

Structure:
As a first thing you should take yourself some time to read the explicit briefing. Here it says: "Learning by reading!!". You will get to know a lot of important informations you need to complete the mission successfully. A collection of weapons to choose from completes the briefing. Here you should also put some time in it because you have to consider that you have the possibility during the whole game to choose if you team should use the silencers or not. If you don't choose the silenced weapons you don't have this option. If you attack with the silencer, the enemy might hear you later and has no time to ring the alarm bell. A disadvantage of silenced weapons is that they don't have that fire power you need to win a firefight with a lot of enemies.

After you assigned a weapon to each teammate, it is time to go. You team was deployed by boat by a blackhawk to a beach neraby the enemy encampment. The first thing you notice is the group radio channel. There you get the possibility to switch the groupradio off. But the orders are not obeyed because of this. They follow them as if you had given some hand signs. The attack on the camp you have to take tactically. Who read the briefing knows, that if you try to take it by attacking them from the front you will face a whole army coming for you. So be aware! But you don't have all the time on the other hand because the surprise effect might be not longer on your side, once they uncovered you.

Once you take the camp one of many surprises is waiting for you. Be aware for some hints while going through the camp and the whole mission, which provide further information for you. Enough is said so far, well atleast one thing, that the mission is getting its athmosphere from its dynamic structure. Like you act, the mission acts. To say it very clear: " Like you shoot into the tonal woods, they shoot back!!. After you survived the hell in the jungle you are honored by a nice cutscene and a very nice outro.

At this point I want to introduce you to some special features

CRDS-P
The Chaos Realistic Dammage System - Personal might be well known. That is a script which simulates, depending on the health state of the player, blackouts and a higher pulse.

Switchable group radio
WIth that you give the commands to your group via hand signs.

Dimishable silencer
With taht you are able to increase the range and the firepower of you weapons. Be aware to put it on again while sneaking up to an enemy camp. Otherwise you will get noticed very soon and you will face a very big army.

SATCOM
In order to stay in contact with your HQ you should have an eye on your radioman. Because without a radio you don't get any evac. Unfortunately the whole radio transmission traffic is jammed by an armada A6-Prowler airplanes Codename "Axeman", so you are only able to get contact with your HQ to specific times.

Features:
+ weapon selection
+ dialog menu
+ cutscenes
+ sound samples
+ amazing scripts
+ realistic athmosphere
+ very realistic
+ developing story
+ complete with music and audiofiles
+ very nice movies (Intro/Cutscene/OutroWon/OutroLoose)

Mission by: Chaos
Island: BAS Tonal
Movies: very good Intro/Outro
Version: Resistance 1.96 required
Addons:

BAS TONAL ISLAND + OPFOR  
BAS LITTLEBIRDS  
BAS BLACKHAWKS  
BAS DELTAS/RANGERS  
Camo Zodiac  
RAD Hornet 1.3  
Mapfact Barracken  
JAM 2
Editorupdate 102  

new:
Bn880Â's Tracer addon

All in all ca. 200 MB

Time of day: Morning
Side: West
languages: german & english voice output, polish (Briefing and Subtitle), French (Briefing and Overview)
Type of mission: Rescue hostage and may more

Please post Questions and remarks in these forums:
OFPMDB-Forums (GERMAN)
BI-Forums (ENGLISH)

More Links to MAMBA:
Trailer 1 HI-RES (52,3MB) !!!
Trailer 1 LO-RES (15,9MB) !!!

Trailer 2 HI-RES (27,1MB) !!!
Trailer 2 LO-RES (8,9MB) !!!

BlackMamba-Wallpaper 1 for your desktop
BlackMamba-Wallpaper 2 for your desktop

Big Update on 2005-12-27:
- Start-Dialogue to choose CRDS-P-Version 1.0 or the brandnew version 2.0
- the newest version of the ChaosStudios Battlefield Communication System
- Improved process of the mission
- Improved possibilities to derange the radio communication of the enemy
- Fixed and improved silencer script
- a lot of bugfixes (Now it is possible to solve the mission in another way in order to avoid the battle at the end)
- Improved performance a fixed cutscene
- new cutscenes implemented and running while the menu is displayed
- A lot of units in the mission are using the tracer addon  now
- and a lot of more features ...

Enjoy and have fun!!

VERY IMPORTANT:
READ the attached F.a.Q.txt file before you play !

If you have questions - contact me please over message system/email or here in the thread.
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2006, 19:01:40 by Chaos »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Mission submission
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2006, 17:44:47 »
Uh, that's great, I guess. So why'd you create a thread?

Offline Chaos

• Contributing Member
  • The best Missions are realistic Missions !
    • Operation Flashpoint Database
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2006, 18:06:06 »
I am created the thread for more information, and discussion. I the past (last 6 months) many players has massive problems with the mission. So it is very important to read the F.a.Q.txt file (for OFP engine settings needed to reach good framerate in the game - Tonal needs many performance]. They all ignore the readmes and instruction in the FAQ file.

And maybe the ofpec testers can have resembles problems. So we can discuss it when you have problems with framerate/performance or CTDs.

And last - the mission lies on the FTP some days and i will to excite attention.  ;)
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2006, 19:03:07 by Chaos »

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2006, 19:15:35 »
Not trying to be picky or something like that...but don't you think this belongs to Mission Depot Comments sub-forum??

::)

But the mission surely looks great...aww...I wish I have time to play it  :-\

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2006, 20:21:46 »
Completely off-topic, so locked.

Reading readmes is something many many people just don't do, so if they have subsequent problems they only have themselves to blame.

There is no easy solution, however OFPEC is an editing only site and we aren't here to 'persuade' people to read readmes.

Try a news item submitted to the Intelligence Depot if you want to jolt people into some semblance of awareness.

As we humans are supposed to be the most intelligent species on the planet it sometimes surprises me at the stupidity of some of them........anyway, thats off-topic too.

Have a nice day.....hicc!!   ;D

Planck
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2006, 20:50:15 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.