Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: mission likes/dislikes  (Read 1488 times)

kit

mission likes/dislikes
« on: 06 Jan 2006, 21:00:00 »
I love reading the reviews of submitted missions , the reviewers always do a good job some people agree others differ with their review, its all subject to ones own point of view , a personal point of view .

But I feel there are certain aspects in mission building that should be avoided for example~

1, Unplayable vechicles
                                 2, Enemy that run off never to be found, so the
                                     mission will not end
                                 3, Ojectives should normally be done according to
                                     the players choice (against plan )

These are just a few what would you guys add to this list ?

Hope this is not off subject sorry if it is, but if it is could it be moved to the correct place thanks and not just blocked .      

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:mission likes/dislikes
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2006, 21:15:44 »
well i think this is the wrong place not sure though it should be in the one 2 below this i cant remember its name but anyway

i agree with you in some ways
but there are many times when that wont work

1. I dont really care cause i dont think you should be able to get in an M1A1 which is just unrealistic if your a normal soldier you wouldnt have a clue how to use it so why get in it

2. that can easily be fixed this allowfleeing 0 in the leaders init field so theres no reason of that happening and how do reviewers know that was the problem

3. Thats what a great mission needs but there are missions where you need to attack certain places first also if you are under command then you get told what to do so its not up to you

thats my opinions on the matter

PetriHonka

Re: mission likes/dislikes
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2006, 21:23:13 »
i think OFP is very infantry heavy and there are not enough air missions

Offline Martin Kuka

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2006, 21:27:10 »
Exactly, as I saw AI is pretty noobin` around while in a jet or copter.
One basic thing, don`t request from an AI pilot of a chopper to cruise around.....
Lets get rocked

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2006, 19:45:16 »
Guys, why dig up this 7 months old topic?

edit: (oops just realised the last reply was more then a week old...  ::) )  :zzz:

Anyway, this doesn't even belong here. This topic has been discussed many times, but the Mission: Ideas board isn't the right place.

« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2006, 19:48:53 by MachoMan »
Get those missions out there you morons!