Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Merry X-MAAAS  (Read 1953 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Merry X-MAAAS
« on: 24 Dec 2005, 19:26:48 »
Its been long since ive been here :D and i didnt start playing OFP again :P (you will need to Email me wen OFP 2 come out tho... ILL B BACK ;D) But as da Xmas is aproaching us I remembered the good ol times (yeah OFPEC oldy speaking) and felt i gotta drop in n say....

[size=6
]MERRY X-MAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR[/size]

ill probably play da spirit of da past ;) or someting along dis line ???

lol... who cares ? just go out and get drunk ppl :cheers: :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers::cheers: :cheers::cheers: :cheers::cheers: :cheers::cheers: :cheers:

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2005, 19:32:51 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Merry X-MAAAS
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2005, 19:29:38 »
Well long time no see LCD. ;D

Merry Xmas and a Happy Hogmanay to you too.

I hope life is treating you well.   8)

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

mccallum1992

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2005, 19:56:06 »
Although christmas is a time for giving and recieving presants and love, let us think of the real soldiers out there who can't type in "endmission" or click "retry", who only have one chance at making the world safe for us so that we can sit in a nice home and play our games. And while we gorge ourselves on 10 tonnes of food and drink, we should all take a timeout to think of those less fortunate than us.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

to all of those great guys and gals who keep the Ofpec staff in a job and Hubba's wallet empty!

- Mccallum1992

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2005, 23:30:17 »
lol... who cares ? just go out and get drunk ppl

More or less sums Christmas up doesn't it? It's more or less compulsary after you see a moth flying out of your wallet alongside a few cobwebs in there :cheers:.

And while we gorge ourselves on 10 tonnes of food and drink, we should all take a timeout to think of those less fortunate than us.
Another nice little quote there. It's not just soldiers (like myself and many others on this site) that 'suffer'. You've also got to think about other groups of people. The homeless, the old, the poor etc... Although these issues make you want to shoot yourself on Christmas, it's important to remember the entire idea of Christmas which many people seem to forget... togetherness and a little less the commercial aspect of the festive season. Togetherness means your family and friends and although family comes first, your buddy's in the army almost are family :). You probibally wont understand what I mean ;).

Still, Santa's on his way with all his reindeer ;D. None of us can name them but we love them all each the same! The turkey with all the trimmings: peas, carrots, mash, roasties, brocolli amongst others including the infamous sprout :-X ;D! The good old Queens Christmas message where her majesty states the obvious, crap Christmas themed TV you watch for the sake of it. Your family coming round your house to scrounge your food then either complain the Turkey is too tough or tell you it's great and couldn't be better (they might bitch behind your back ;)) All this and more to Christmas. Sound familiar?

Still seasons greetings folks and...
[size=20]MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR[/size]

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2005, 23:45:46 »
Hey LCD, long taam no c, right? ;)

Christmas is like all over here in Sweden by now. We celebrate it all on the 24th and not on the 25th. No, I don't have any idea why. It's rather stupid actually. But then again, all we Swedes got are mooses, stupid blondes and the Nobel prize, right? So you can't really blame us, can you?

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #5 on: 25 Dec 2005, 02:25:57 »
As I sit here and wait for Santa to climb down my chimmney (Still waiting for that pony), I think of all the good times had at OFPEC, and all the good people I've had the pleasure of meeting.

I think of all the good times I've had playing the game with friends from all over the world. The suspense, the team-work and the non-stop action as a plan has come together, or more commonly fallen apart.

However, now that I've moved on and joined the British Army to experience the real thing, I find myself thinking of all those moments sitting behind my PC, laughing and yelling, smiling and growling as things go right or wrong.

Now I find myself looking at the wider picture, and realising that I've been neglecting the truth of the matter somewhat, which is that real people, myself now included, do every day for real, what we did for fun.

So it's at times like this we need to think of those soldiers whom are out there on tour, in the field of battle and answering the call of duty, working hard to keep people safe, to fight those whom would oppress others, and who are watching their buddies back when things get hot.

So from myself and all the boys at the Royal Armoured Corps, Bovington, have a very Merry Christmas. Always spare a thought for those whom put their lives on the line as they answer some calling in their life, which finds them often on the shitty end of the stick, for a cause they don't agree with or don't understand, whilst people back home forget their names, but most of all, never forget your friends, because they'll never forget you, regardless what you do.

:)

The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 25 Dec 2005, 12:45:43 »
LCD?   LCD!   LCD!!!    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #7 on: 26 Dec 2005, 04:26:44 »
YEAH its DA LCD !!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

long taam no c macca and armsty.... or shud you b damkty now ? :P :P

just back from work (i work in a pub... my job includes free beer :P) and im gonna say that I all of you gotta be drunk on the new years eve... cuz i aint allowed too (well i get free beer... but im stil supoused to b able to do my job  ::))

anywayz...... my question was.. when is OFP 2 released ? :D

my time is spent on job and babes ;) and in the time left me and me friends are still finishing off the stash the EC left me.... before the cops find out ;) ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline dalton

• Members
  • i R n00b
« Reply #8 on: 26 Dec 2005, 04:59:51 »
merry christmas and a happy new year!

"freedom aint free"

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #9 on: 26 Dec 2005, 11:53:42 »
Didn't you hear? BIS kept to their original release date. The game was released in December 2004.

Yeah right. ;D

Nobody really knows when it's going to be released. My bet is on 2008, although I think the officiall release date is sometime in 2007. However, Armed Assault, OFP's semi-sequel is going to be released early 2006. It's basically OFP but fixing those stupid lame-ass problems like bad collision detection, stupid AI and no join-in-progress in MP. Going to add updated graphics and a new (huge and highly detailed) island. So that is always something to look forward to. :)

Just don't get too drunk so you'll forget all this now, m-kay? :P

Oh, and Armsty will do just fine. ;D