Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Idea Verification  (Read 1540 times)

ProudPotter2490

Idea Verification
« on: 17 Dec 2005, 23:54:57 »
Hey all.

I'm looking to create a new mission. I just wanted a thought or two as to whether you think it's a good idea, average idea or bad idea.

The Concept:-
The situation on Everon has turned dramatically for NATO forces stationed there as Russian forces storm every town and village capturing many NATO forces and kill more. After the retreat from Everon, a small detachment of NATO personal has taken refuge on a small island east of Everon led by Major Shepherd and are using it as a staging area for Special Forces assaults, Reconnaissance amongst other operationional activity.

However, ariel patrol notices the existance of NATO forces on the island and NATO forces notice the ariel patrol. To avoid any unnecessary casualties, Major Shepherd decides to expedite all troops on the forward observation island and retreat back to Malden. As they begin the process, it's already to late. A Russian observation squad is spotted signalling an imminent invasion.

Further Info
I only plan for this to be a short, hopefully exhilarating mission with little twists and turns here and there.

Well...
Do you like the idea? Alls I really want to know is:-
  • Would you play the mission?
  • Do you like the idea?
  • Do you have any other additional ideas either to the plot, mission ideas or any other ideas you'd like to share?
Thanks all.

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
Re:Idea Verification
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2005, 09:18:50 »
you seem to have the beginnings of a plot, but what exactly would the mission involve?

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2005, 11:49:17 »
I suppose really it would only be a 'defend the island' mission really. As I said I don't want it to be complicated. What i'm really after is atmosphere, a sort of Call of Duty chaos atmpsphere. If anyone can think of any other twists in the tale it would help :).

Also, the island is only about 2x4 editor squares big :-\.

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2005, 00:47:42 »
Well...
Do you like the idea? Alls I really want to know is:-
  • Would you play the mission?
  • Do you like the idea?
  • Do you have any other additional ideas either to the plot, mission ideas or any other ideas you'd like to share?
Thanks all.

Hello!

• Yes ;).
  • Yes I do :)
  • Nope, no other ideas. I believe the plot is very good, and the concept as you said: "i'm really after is atmosphere, a sort of Call of Duty chaos atmpsphere." is a winning one ;)

HOBOMAN

« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2005, 17:57:55 »
Good Idea just a few questions.

What time period is this?
Why are Russian Forces engaging NATO forces?
Is this an extention or alternate plot to the 1985 CWC campaign?
What type of missions are you going to have?