Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Changing Weather To What I Want None Of That Random Stuff  (Read 609 times)

Offline westy159

• Members
All the weather scripts are about random weather but i want to have specific weather at a specific time. At the start of my mission im on a snowy kolgujev as a lone snow camoflaged finnish soldier (thanks to the cool FDF mod) in the biggest forest on the island. The player has to find his way through the forest in the fog at first and when he comes out he has to get to the friendly base but on his way he comes across lots of enemies.

Not very original i know. Ive just stolen the 'after montignac' mission and made it more complex, longer, harder and snowy. I have finnished it, my brother played it and liked it a lot. It will go into the campaign im planning to make once i find out how to do proper cutscenes with my own recorded talk and stuff.

But i want it to be foggy at the begining but clear up after a while so the whole mission isnt in the fog but just the begining to make it harder as you can only see 20 metres infront of you.

How can i make it so like after 3 minutes exactly the world starts to clear up?

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
Re:Changing Weather To What I Want None Of That Random Stuff
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2005, 19:28:07 »

Use the weather sliders in the mission editor

or place the following code in the
Init.sqs
0 setfog 1
600 setfog 0

explanation

0 setfog 1
in 0 seconds, set the fog to maximum
and then
180 setfog 0
over a period of 180 seconds ( 3 minutes) reduce that fog to 0

Fog settings are from 0 to 1

if setfog 1 is too  much, reduce it to say 0.7 at the start etc
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2005, 19:29:05 by Terox »
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:Changing Weather To What I Want None Of That Random Stuff
« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2005, 21:08:17 »
if i was you i would have a big trigger with the player present as condition and activation will clear the fog up because you never know how long the player will take and if you only want it to start to clear up at a certain time of the mission then it may clear up too early and the player can see the enmys

thats why a trigger is usually best but depends what you want