Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mission series idea: Non-Combat  (Read 2094 times)

OFPJunkie

Mission series idea: Non-Combat
« on: 03 Dec 2005, 06:12:23 »
While I'm slowly working on my Air Assault mission I had a nice idea, which would be better suited towards the entire community.

I saw a Navy seal training mission that gave some ideas that we can create non-combat training missions (Live fire excercises, flash-nade obstacle courses...)

Hell, if someone has the time they could script 20 minutes of a drill sergeant swearing at a bunch of marines...lol.

marcus3

Re:Mission series idea: Non-Combat
« Reply #1 on: 03 Dec 2005, 07:18:17 »
Hell, if someone has the time they could script 20 minutes of a drill sergeant swearing at a bunch of marines...lol.
i was thinking about some missions like this, but, would be very time comsuming, and, sciprts would be very complex, but all in all,
Great Idea  ;D

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #2 on: 03 Dec 2005, 21:56:52 »
Interesting idea. Reminds me abit of Sgt. Arnold Westly (AKA: Bergoff) in the cold war crisis missions. You mean something like that?

OFPJunkie

« Reply #3 on: 04 Dec 2005, 00:38:56 »
Something like that. I'm creating a small obstacle course type of addon that I hope will give an intense atmosphere.

Another interesting idea is to set up pop-up targets and tank targets. Then what you need to do is script it so that the soldiers see them as hostiles and BAM you got a live fire excercise!

yankme

« Reply #4 on: 04 Dec 2005, 01:32:47 »
next time i have to yell at the 13 and 15 year olds i'll do it in a military style, they hate that and its good venting fun, i'll record it.. ;D

jBrereton

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2006, 22:39:18 »
The problem with this kind of mission is that basically, they're crap.

How fun did you find the first mission of OpFlash?

Not much, I imagine.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re: Mission series idea: Non-Combat
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2006, 21:28:41 »
The problem with this kind of mission is that basically, they're crap.

Not necesarily (sp).
The CWC one wasnt crap, nor was it paticulary fun. But it was intended to train the soldier. This could be good idea, wouldnt mind playing it once done.

SgtSlick

« Reply #7 on: 04 Jun 2006, 23:27:19 »
I can't really see OFP AI soldiers moving from place to another stepping in the exact same place. It is essential that hey do for live fire missions. You forget that the AI in this game is a bit... stupid/uncoordinated. you would have to script every single anim for the AI to move where you want it. its just too complicated... but good idea though.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #8 on: 07 Jun 2006, 23:40:41 »
the only real problem with non-combat missions is the speed of play. without that ak47 or whatever it's a frustrating  crawl from there to here.

I have however played really good ones, the best involved vehicles which completely removed the slowness. In  one, it was a storyline of getting crippled tanks repaired and refuelled, dodging land mines, that sort of thing. I'm not the least interested in race-car scenarios, that's too non-ofp for me, but certainly is a non-combatant buisiness and many people love it. For me, Tanks, were the way to go, with considerable danger all around.

The other scenario I played was as unarmed medic, now _that_, was a challenge!

Just say no to bugz

PetriHonka

« Reply #9 on: 12 Aug 2006, 21:18:04 »
an idea i had but gave up on a while ago was that you were a civilian trying to get to the recruitment centre on the opposite side of the island. you had to find a way around obstacles such as blown up roads, tanks, plane crashes and battles.