Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A new small campaign  (Read 1400 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
A new small campaign
« on: 27 Nov 2005, 13:13:05 »
Many of you may know ive been making a campaign called "Reinstationg Order" the campaign has been put on hold
not becuase i want to but becuase i uninstalled OFP wanting to reinstall it since i had a technical problem and on installation the CD had a scratch so the installation failed so im stuck with my old Gold Edition 1.46 until i buy GOTY again so i cant continue work on my original campaign

But thats why im here im thinking of starting a small Russian campaign by small i mean 4 or 5 long missions with cutscenes, intro's and other cool stuff
But im all out of ideas

Thats where i need help
I would like a few unique mission ideas no more attack this base and hold it something with more fun and im also going to base it around an SU-25 fighter pilot since ive not seen a Russian campaign like it

I would like some ideas the story is all in my mind i just need the ideas for missions

The Story

Its 1987 2 years after the Cold war - Guba is still in the hands of the Americans but on June 7th 1987 two highly trained Spetz Natz are inserted onto Malden island where the Amercian force is concentrated and Guba is in the middle of the island

These two spetz natz are sent to break him out - And thats what they do

1 month later Guba wages war on the Americans and plans to invade Kolgujev were the American force is least concentrated

Okay thats the story now i need the missions

ive already got the finalo mission in my head for the fighter pilot you play as

i also need a name for the player a nice Russian one so if you have any ideas for the name or even missions that would be great
cheers

HOBOMAN

Re:A new small campaign
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2005, 17:52:26 »
The Story

Its 1987 2 years after the Cold war - Guba is still in the hands of the Americans but on June 7th 1987 two highly trained Spetz Natz are inserted onto Malden island where the Amercian force is concentrated and Guba is in the middle of the island

These two spetz natz are sent to break him out - And thats what they do

1 month later Guba wages war on the Americans and plans to invade Kolgujev were the American force is least concentrated

Just a few small problems. First off I though Guba wasn't being held in Malden and was sent back to the USA or USSR to be imprisioned. Secondly Kolgujev is a Russin Teritory. The CWC conflict was start because Guba was the commanding officer of Kolgujev. He influenced the Russia soldiers to believe in old tradition imperalistic ways of the USSR and that Everon was legally theirs. So the soldiers attacking Everon and Malden were all rogue soldiers, they were not loyal to the USSR, they were loyal to Guba. The USSR leagally controlled it and probally wasn't occupied by American at the end of the conflict. A new Russian General was probally put in charge. Final the Cold War Crisis (or CWC) conflict in the Malden and Everon islands wasn't the Cold war. The Cold War didn't end in 1987. The Cold War wasn't actually war but rather a stalemate of power that leed to political and diplomatic bitterness between the USSR and the USA. Many conflicts devloped from the Cold War such as the Cuban Missile Crisis, the conflict in Vietnam, Russian Invasion of Afghanistan and so on, but the fictional CWC wasn't the actual Cold War.

Anyways on topic:

So in the campaign do you play as a Russian pilot the whole time or different people?

Mission Ideas
-Gunner in side of Blackhawk during extraction (or gunner on the side of a hind)
-Escape from captivity and have chase scene out in cars
-Undercover missions
-Soldier left behind and has to survive in woods
-Defened the base/camp/ hold the line mission (with claymores)
-Realistic sniper mission with working spotter
-Assination mission (you don't have to shoot the guy you can have a car bomb or such)
-Airborne insertion mission with nice markers and flares and signaling systems (ie thunder flash)
-Beachhead mission (not some little wimpy beach, I want like 6 huge concrete bunkers with 2 mgs each , artillery, trenchs, tank traps, a conrete shingle, barbed wire, sandbags, and mines. (and crap blowing up in the backround for effect)
-Helo crash in with teamates in woods and you have to defend chopper position until rescue (it would be nice if you could take the mgs off the chopper and remount them)
-Tank killer mission (with sticky bombs and new explosive devieces would be cool)