Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: prelude mission  (Read 1700 times)

Offline ONoSixIsDown

• Members
prelude mission
« on: 17 Nov 2005, 10:08:25 »
*woops..uh.. not prelude.... i ment the opposite word.. cant think of it ::)*

heres the basic synopsis of the senario im creating

it begins during the week after where operation flashpoint leaves off.  After Guba was taken into NATO's custody, tension rose be between the east and the west.  Remember in one of the cutscenes on ofp coldwar crisis where they talk about a whole junk load of reds moving toward the area? Well they are still on the way.  Not wanting any further confrontations, NATO decides it best pull out of the island chain completely.  

here's where the player comes in.

James Gatstovsky has been attached to a company tasked with rear guard duty during the withdrawl.  The remaining nato troops are at best a skeleton crew.   About 50 people with about 6 or 7 armored units.  At start the player(Gatstovsky) is sent out to find a lost recon patrol.  Once they're found you get attacked by enemy armor and are ordered evade and return to base while friendly units come to secure the area.  Half way back
you find out that a large number of units, mainly a group of tanks and a few squads of infantry with air support is approaching the base which you must get back to and help defend.

i'm trying to give a good feeling of the #&%@ hitting the fan.  i was thinking about having some reds air drop directly over the base and maybe a bit of artillary.

any suggestions, comments, or ideas for followup missions?
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2005, 10:13:05 by OhNoSixIsDown »
CRIMSON REIGN COMMING..... eventually :/

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
Re:prelude mission
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2005, 02:07:35 »
Well, some faults with your logic, which I will try to correct as gentlemanly as possible.  ;D

The Reds, while dumb, are not stupid. They would only paradrop directly onto another unit if they were sure that they had clear superiority, and were fairly certain that the enemy units would flee or hide upon contact.

Also, instead of a lot of armor and a few squads, switch it around. Have a large number of Mechanized Infantry that disembark out of range, and plenty of BMP support which is easier to destroy. If you swamp plain infantry with lots of armor, then every will almost always die. Also, make sure that the player has plenty of LAWs and LAW rockets.
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2005, 02:08:01 by Tyger »
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline ONoSixIsDown

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2005, 03:19:29 »
good point about the air drop.  they now disembark out of sight of the base but close enough to well co-oridnated  with the russians armor units.  the west's anti-armor capabilities are sufficient to stop the attack.  the base is littered with ammo crates with law launchers/rockets so the player wont need to hide and rely solely on the ai.  

i ran the mission 10 as a civilian hovering above the base during the attack.  The player side won on their own 6 times, which i feel is the balance i want.  

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2005, 11:40:05 »
'epilogue' is the word you're thinking of... ;)

Offline ONoSixIsDown

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2005, 20:37:59 »
yup yup, teaches me replace a dictionary with a six pack ::)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2005, 21:34:52 »
Native English Speakers - Here For Your Convenience!

:beat: *Gets Englished* :beat: