Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Vietnam Mission/s  (Read 1417 times)

Quang Tri

Vietnam Mission/s
« on: 09 Nov 2005, 21:12:36 »
Hi all I started making missions when the first Vietnam addons were out I have not made any in a long time and would like to get some help on some Ideas I have.

(I will go in more detail when i can find a few to help more on these)

1) Would like a mission or missions To start with basicly you have just been ordered to Vietnam a Div waits at a nearby airbase for the green light

2.)After you hit land you have start bringing in supplies troops armor etc and establish a foot hold

3.) ( this is from where my dad and his friends were statioed i will use some of there stories from here)You end up at Quang Tri Firbase South vietnam  I would like the player to be a medic or a Inf have not decided yet on this

4.) From here you will going with the 5th inf mech med cap to locals villages to help aid the locals this could be handing out supplies or guard duty for the meds in your unit..

5.) Of course things will go bad at times and you will start with having minor contact with VC and then major combat with NVA regulars before long as more and more start coming down from the north

6) I am planning on using Vte addons as the major addon you will need

7.) I would like to include Patrols,,supplies drops,,,ambush,,,convoys,,,etc not sure of names for these missions or campaign plz let me know what u think or if you would like to help me put this togther

Thanks Quang Tri

Serial Killer

Re:Vietnam Mission/s
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2005, 10:26:48 »
It sounds cool, but why don't you wait until Unsung 'nam mod is released? :) They said they're gonna release a demo VERY soon.

Quote from ofp.info forums:
9th November 2005 - 08:04

The demo has been uploaded, and should be released tomorrow.

Edit:

Delays delays delays!!!!!!

After I uploaded the finished demo one of our astute members found a problem, which after further testing was showing up on other members computers. Basically after consulting with FAB from WWIIEC he helped and directed me in what need to be redone on the sections to fix the problems. I've just finished doing extensive testing of the reworked forest/grass sections and everything seems to be working well, I'm just waiting to get further test results back from other members before I make any further statements regarding the demo.

Fingers crossed

Sorry again for the delay folks, this is not intentional.

CJ525
:(
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2005, 11:55:21 by Serial Killer »

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2005, 13:39:41 »
Never fear... Unsung is very near  ;)

As for using VTE, I'm not saying this just because I'm in the Unsung before anyone decides to have a go at me  ::) but VTE is rather unfortunatly buggy, it has addons that conflict with my ofp and cause it to crash  ??? for the time being untill a stable version is released, I'd just say use seb stuff or wait for the Unsung demo.

Up to you but the more Nam campaigns in ofp, the better  ;D

sim
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

Quang Tri

« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2005, 20:52:07 »
I am having the oppsite prob a year ago when i tried to start missions again I could not get comp to run long enough because of the seb bugs on the island and units with VTE so far thing is smooth saling if this unsung is better than Vte my hats off to you guys but hard to wait for stuff in ofp because of so many false promises thru out the years of stuff that never comes

But i wont go gung -ho and will keep my options open thanks for the update ;)

Quang Tri
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2005, 20:53:44 by Quang Tri »

Quang Tri

« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2005, 22:05:02 »
Just tried Unsung Units looks prty cool but I dont think everyone will have a super comp to run the island ,, maybe when full version comes out things will change thanks again for the Ideas

Quang Tri
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2005, 06:05:06 by Quang Tri »