Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: has someone swapped the bmps?  (Read 1220 times)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
has someone swapped the bmps?
« on: 28 Oct 2005, 23:38:27 »
just today i've noticed my eastern armour looks... well, flourescent. really loud green. i rationalised that it's probably the surrounding landscape being pretty dark green (nogova), but something just happened which i've never seen happen before and it has reinforced my suspicions...

i just law'd a lime-green bmp full of loons in cargo, and when the bmp went up, they calmly got out and threw grenades at me. that has never ever happened before, unless all the bmps i have ever law'd have been without cargo. bmp blows up = everyone in and around it dead.

my addons list is clean. the only extra units i have are those in kegetys winter packs, but those are arctic armour. i am using (what i take to be) the normal everyday bmps. kegety hasn't changed the default armour in his update has he?

:-\

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:has someone swapped the bmps?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2005, 23:46:20 »
Well.......remove all the winter stuff and try again.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2005, 00:00:58 »
IIRC this has happened to me as well...

I think I was even on board myself once in the BMP in question... After a LAW hit I got ejected and was so injured I could only crawl...

Maybe this is one of those OFP oddities that sometimes get you off guard ;D
But then again, my memory might just fail me.. ::)

Afaik keg has not changed anything with his winter stuff... I think he would mention that in the readme if he had...
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2005, 10:37:07 »
That sounds like pretty normal OFP to me if soldiers inside a BMP attack you once you have damaged the tank enough first.

It would be even cooler if the enemy soldiers which are injured so that they can't walk would crawl towards you and try to kill you as a last attempt to be heroic. Normally the crawling ones just head somewhere, and it's easy to finish them off (if the explosion from the tank isn't enough).

:)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2005, 12:05:19 »
ho hum. lime green armour it is then... i looked at them on the desert island and they looked fine. it's maybe just the quality of surrounding light making them look flourescent.

as for the law not killing all the cargo loons... i'm still not convinced. :P