Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: uploading  (Read 1296 times)

Thanatos

uploading
« on: 19 Oct 2005, 20:31:08 »
i have been experiencing difficulties uploading a misssion i made ... forgive my ignorance but what is a ftp  upload  and how do i attempt one ?

::)

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
Re:uploading
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2005, 00:00:56 »
Hello Thanatos,

FTP is the protocol on the internet originally intended for sending non-text files. Over the years many protocols have been designed and implemented, but FTP remains one of the most populair and easiest ways of sending files across the internet. It can be a bit hard the first time, but it gets really easy over time.

First you're gonna need an FTP client. There are multiple free clients availlable on the internet, Windows XP also has a build in FTP client.

It is very easy! (that is good ;) )

Start windows explorer or Internet Explorer.
(Hit the icon called "My computer / this Computer"), I'm not sure what's it's called in English.

now copy this: into the adress bar:
Code: [Select]
ftp://ftpmissions:ofpec@www.ofpec.com/
You will now see a folder, which looks like this:
[img removed]ftp.jpg[/img]

You can use windows explorer to find your mission and use copy / paste to put it in here! Or just drag and drop it.

(See I said it was easy! ;) )
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2005, 00:02:06 by MachoMan »
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2005, 02:33:48 »
Macho that's such a good write-up and so straightforward that the simpliciity of understanding it makes it look like ftp is easy to use when it isn't. This little write up of yours makes it plain an easy as day to implement. Could you massage it slightly (please) and submit it to ed->depot->tutorials so I can post it there?

This is an understated little gem.

thanks.

« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2005, 02:34:46 by Mikero »
Just say no to bugz

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2005, 21:50:54 »
I was having some problems with uploading, I kept getting an error message about the preview picture not being found.  Then I saw there was a folder specifically for them ::)

« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2005, 21:56:39 by THobson »

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2005, 08:56:37 »
Yeah there is, they where somehow deleted a while back, that's why you don't see them in the pics. :)
Get those missions out there you morons!