Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Totally messed up mission upload, help!  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
Totally messed up mission upload, help!
« on: 13 Oct 2005, 21:22:18 »
Before I start editing anything, I need some better infos.
EDIT: Tried it on my own in the meantime.

I've uploaded my mission ZOS / Zombie Outbreak Simulation via FTP to the Mission Depot.
http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=1328

1. Tried to enter a longer overview and run into problems in preview/end result:
-  ' and " result in ////
-  Paragraphs didn't show up in the preview but in the endresult

EDIT: Editing the mission infos afterwards works much better than creating them.
For ' and " I would have to use hmtl code before, but when editing later this isn't needed anymore.
Paragraphs show up correctly.

2. Added the first external addon, but removed it afterwards because I wanted to change it's name. After that I couldn't add anymore addons.
Tried the browser's back button until I reached the mission info page, and it looked like I was able to add addons again.
Addons showed up in the preview, then I concentrated on correcting the overview, without succes.

EDIT: Done. I guess the upload page is very fragile and I was not doing it perfect. But of course I was very careful while updating/adding them this time.

3. Then after a while I clicked finish, and some error lines showed up, page below them was still the preview page. I pressed finish again, now it seemed to work.

4. My mission is listed now, but the required addons are missing, required version is 1.0 not 1.96 ect.

PS: I've no idea what this preview and full size image should be. Isn't there only one small picture on a mission page? However, I've uploaded and named the only two pictures for my mission. One is a Mission Depot one, and the other is bigger, should do it, I hope. :)
EDIT: At the moment my missions shows up with "no image", is this the default for pending missions?
EDIT2: Still no clue for the pictures. Filenames shown on the update page have SP_1328_ZOS_OFPEC-MD.jpg additions. What can I do to fix this? Or is it up to the OFPEC staff?

EDIT3: Fixed my problems with using the replace image function to upload the images a second time.
I've deleted the not working images from the FTP afterwards.

Am I such a newb, or does this mission upload thing need beta testing itself?  8)

EDIT: After all I've to suggest using the "update/modify" page as "upload/new" page, too. It's working way better.
Oh and some kind of mission upload documentation would be nice. It's very complicated if you do it the first time.
(Mission Summary is named Mission Overview while uploading ect)
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2005, 23:06:18 by Trapper »

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
Re:Totally messed up mission upload, help!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2005, 23:06:07 »
Well it doesn't need beta-testing, it needs a complete overhaul. We know it is bugged, but we ask you to bear with us, while we try and fix it.
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2005, 23:09:01 »
Well, at least I've got it working now :)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2005, 08:23:47 »
Dude, what do you want us to do?

We can delete the mission and let you re-submit it, that seems like the best way forward or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2005, 10:24:17 »
No! Don't delete it after I figured out how to get it right. :o :)

I've posted this after uploading my mission via FTP.

The dialogs for creating the mission info, caused all the problems afterwards. Later I found out that all the problems are not present in the modify dialog. So I was able to fix everything.