Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: xml problem(or not)  (Read 1102 times)

vbr777

xml problem(or not)
« on: 05 Oct 2005, 22:37:24 »
Hi. I've set up xml so in game i have my details and logo when pressing "p". That thing is ok.
I'm not part of any clan nor i want to be. But problem is that i have annoying brackets behind my players name shown. it looks like this: PlayerName []. My temporary solution is to type my "clan" name Freelancer so my name looks like this: PlayerName [Freelancer]. Now, my question is how to remove these brackets "[" and "]" behind my name.
I know it can be done because i see players from all different clans having xml set up and they have names like this: -{ClanName}-PlayerName. They dont have clan name at the end of their name in [] these brackets. How come? How to delete those brackets. I think problem is not with xml, i think prob is in game. There must be a way to turn displaying clan name off. But i dont know how. Almost all ofp clans use xml and they dont have their clan name written behind the PlayerName, they have it written at the beginning. How could they done this if clanname is automatically added behind PlayerName?
I used program called QuickSquad for editing xml.

SIMPLIFIED:

I dont want my name to look like this: Name [clanName]

I want my name looks like this: Name

Can you please help me? It annoys me very much. Thanks in advance.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:xml problem(or not)
« Reply #1 on: 06 Oct 2005, 17:59:14 »
um, why not ask someone directly next time you see it in action?  ::)

vbr777

Re:xml problem(or not)
« Reply #2 on: 06 Oct 2005, 19:58:18 »
i have but no one answered. and those who were didnt know how or thought it cant be done.