Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: An Army for Malden  (Read 2482 times)

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
An Army for Malden
« on: 05 Oct 2005, 14:27:54 »
Hi Community!

I have a mission idea on my mind where I would use BAS Deltas/Rangers to train a fictious Malden Army in their fight against an aggressor (not necessarily the Russians again)  ;D

I thought about an Invasion by the Nogovans, because of...say Malden's newly discovered offshore oilfields and the ever increasing oil price.

So, except from Delta I need two armies here: The Nogovans as OPFOR and the Malden Army.
Keep in mind that I am a mission maker, not an addon maker. This means I cannot do them on my own but would rather use something from the vast stocks at ofp.info.
These units would need to be West or Resistance to go with Delta.

What do you think? What would the equipment of the two small island nations should look like?
I am curious for suggestions about units, small arms, trucks, APCs, tanks and helicopters. Would such a small island have aircraft? If yes: Would that include jet fighters?

Friendly Greetings

Mathias

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Re:An Army for Malden
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2005, 15:03:06 »
Hi Math!

This is only a mission? I think it's a great idea for a campaign.

In the official BIS forum there is a project: Everon Defence Forces. I think it very useful for Nogovan or Malden Army.

EDIT: If you don't want use this, just read this topic, because the people talking about the correct weapons for a little state's army.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2005, 15:08:54 by bardosy »
Fix bayonet!

Serial Killer

« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2005, 15:15:38 »
Greetings mathias!

I'm working on a new addon project: FIA pack. So if you want to use them, just wait a few days. ;)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #3 on: 05 Oct 2005, 15:35:34 »
WOW Serial!!!! I want it for my campaign...
Fix bayonet!

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #4 on: 05 Oct 2005, 17:25:03 »
I think Serials FIA would look good as Maldens army. They shouldn't be as sophisticated as the upcoming EDF troops, as malden is largely a big mountain (simular to kolgujev), whereas everon is much flatter, and better from building towns and businesses  :)

As for Nogovas army, they could be simular to EDF, Nogova being a big island. Maybe you could use them. Only problem being both units will both be on resistance I presume?

I like the idea though. Something simular was done in a campaign called 'Life Story 2'. I never got to play it (might download it now), but it involved one island attacking the other. I think it was Everon attacking Nogova  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

dantheman

« Reply #5 on: 05 Oct 2005, 18:06:52 »
I like the idea though. Something simular was done in a campaign called 'Life Story 2'.

Where's that Greg147?  I don't think I've seen that anywhere.  I'll go and have a look now actually.  Sounds interesing......

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #6 on: 05 Oct 2005, 20:29:54 »
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: 05 Oct 2005, 22:46:41 »
Hi all!

Thank you all for your replies. Serial's FIA looks good. But I need a more sophisticated East OPFOR (I  want the Resistance fight together with the US and not against "West" troops).
Any ideas besides RHS/BIS etc. Russians?

Suggestions on the vehicle/aircraft part would also be nice, tough I could read all the EDF thread to the end  ;D

I am a very novice mission editor, so I am considering a campaign, but that depends on wether I learn the art of Intros/Outros and on the availability of spare time. But it really sounds tempting to make a campaign :D

Greetings

Mathias

Offline El Fisho

• Members
  • u are expecting somthing about lamas aint ya
« Reply #8 on: 08 Oct 2005, 22:47:58 »
I
I like the idea though. Something simular was done in a campaign called 'Life Story 2'

only ever played life story one, I had no idea there was a two

on intros and outros I can point you to snypers exellent tutorial on basic camera commands and to the camara.sqs tutorial, both in the editors depot.

you would really need to work on missions before attempting a campign, its a big job making ofp campigns, perticulally ones worth playing

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: 09 Oct 2005, 14:54:05 »
Thank you El Fisho!

Well, only time will tell. I will start a mission and then look what will happen next (probably nobody will play OFP) in half a year or so....

Thank you for the tips on the tutorial!

Cheers

Mathias

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: 09 Oct 2005, 15:42:49 »
people wont be playing ofp but they will be playing armed assault and we know that addons work on it so why not missions ? and campaigns so we can still play the 1985 camapagns with the new units

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: 09 Oct 2005, 18:04:20 »
Hmmm...might be true. BIS is only positive about addons, but i ntegrating missions and campaigns  sounds reasonable as well.

The only problem: I don't think that Armed Assault would run on my crappy 1,6 GHz/256 MB RAM PC. This means I could only edit on most weekends when I have access to our family-high-end PC. Which I "share" with my World-of-Warcraft-addicted brother  :(

But who knows, by that time I should have finished my studies and have a decent job :-)

Any news on Serial Killers FIA Pack?

Greetings

Mathias

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #12 on: 09 Oct 2005, 18:09:30 »
im pretty sure armed assault would work for lower end comps since lag on ofp is such an issue there bound to do something to the lag on armed assault

Serial Killer

« Reply #13 on: 10 Oct 2005, 17:50:37 »
Any news on Serial Killers FIA Pack?

Yes, but I don't want to talk about it here, because this topic is about your mission if I'm right. Contact me by MSN or private message me.