Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Please, how to add add-ons?  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Coot

• Members
Please, how to add add-ons?
« on: 04 Oct 2005, 21:41:05 »
Hey all, i'm new here but not to OPF.  I just reinstalled it and Resistance bringing Resistance up to 1.96 so that I could add the ECP mod!  Sorry for my ignorance, i'm not very computer savvy, but how can I add addons ???.  I understand that there is probably copying or pasting involved, but for instance, im trying to add the delta force and ranger units to the game.  How do I add them to the game.  Do they go into Resistance or into ECP?  Also it says that JAM 3 is required.  I downloaded it but where does it go?  Any help and a rundown on how to get this example to work would be helpful.  Thankyou!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:Please, how to add add-ons?
« Reply #1 on: 04 Oct 2005, 21:50:48 »
welcome to the forums!  :)

you have a folder called 'addons' in the flashpoint folder structure. that's where addons go - apologies for sounding so blunt ;)

it also depends on which version of the game you have - you mention resistance, but is it simply resistance or the 'game of the year' edition? if it's the latter, you'll have two addons folders, one for the 1985 campaign, one for resistance addons.

i stick all my addons in the first folder, and it works fine.
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2005, 21:51:19 by bedges »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2005, 22:01:49 »
Hmmmm....I don't have GOTY, but I still have the 2 Addons folders.

I think if you have OFP up to 1.46 and then install Resistance you get 2 Addon folders as well, one in the OFP root and one in the Res folder.

Anyway, Just put the pbo for each addon in the Addon folder, I always use the root Addon folder, I hardly ever touch the one in the Res folder.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Coot

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 05 Oct 2005, 00:32:54 »
Thankyou, that helped!  Got the Delta Force and Rangers working!  Thanks again! :)

Offline El Fisho

• Members
  • u are expecting somthing about lamas aint ya
« Reply #4 on: 05 Oct 2005, 19:45:28 »
Indeed, isn't just the res file like a mod folder?