Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: And here we go...  (Read 976 times)

Coldfire

And here we go...
« on: 26 Sep 2005, 23:59:34 »
Hey all, I know I'm tempting fate by putting this here but I think it's worth it.

Alright, I'll admit right off the bat that this is Sci-fi... but it's not the kind to develop into a flame war. (PLEASE DON'T SMITE ME O MIGHTY MODERATORS)

I was playing OFP and I relized how cool it would be to release a set of REALISTIC alien units.

Key word: REALISTIC. As in no Phasors or stuff like that. Magnetic based infantry weapons, armored vehicles (maybe mechs?) and Aircraft... make them behave like a actual millitary not some star-trek speicies. I was thinking of useing Sci-fi concepts that have roots in REAL-LIFE technology and physics. (powered armor for example)

But here's the big thing: Don't make them part of a mod, and make them origional. Not aliens that exist in other games, for example. A stand-alone addon pack.

I sugest this for one major reason: No mod I have seen yet has sucessfully relased a pack of aliens of ANY kind. It's one of the few things that have not been accomplished in OFP. I think that the OFPEC moderators could make an exception to the "no Sci-fi" rule just this once?

Of course, if the moderators feel differently I'll gladly let them dismiss this topic... I just hope that you'll hear me out.

-Coldfire

P.S. Don't tell me about the Operation Scifi mod... they seem to primarily deal with specialty addons (Star Wars, for example)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:And here we go...
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2005, 00:06:42 »
Its not that OFPEC is against sci-fi addons.

Helping people who are building these addons with editing problems is allowed.

However, general discussion of sci-fi addons is not allowed.

We can't make any exceptions to the rule.
So, sadly, I really must lock this topic.

If you want to discuss it further then PM one of the Global Moderators for clarification.

Thats the best I can do for you at the moment.   ;)

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.