Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom Vehicle Anim Warps People  (Read 952 times)

Offline Abs_01

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Custom Vehicle Anim Warps People
« on: 25 Sep 2005, 23:27:25 »
Hello,

I'm new to animations and modelling. I'm trying to make a vehicle classed as a jeep with custom animations, and I'm pretty sure that my config.cpp is correct, as I do see the animation on the addon.

The problem lies in the fact that it seems to warp the game's other animations. Here are some charecteristics of what's happening:
  • When the addon is not in the addons folder, everything is fine.
  • When the addon is in the addons folder, all the animations are messed up.
  • Even when the animation is not displayed properly (i.e. I purposefuly mess up the config.cpp not to display my custom anim and have a default anim in its place) all the other anims still mess up.
Here is the config.cpp [Removed to save my bandwidth.]
Here are a couple of pictures to help illustrate my point:

Exhibit A:
[Removed to save my bandwidth.]

Exhibit B:
[Removed to save my bandwidth.]

I have searched through both the official forums and this one, and the closest problem that I've seen is this one. I don't get how he animated without moving the abdomen though, as it's the top level of the pivots and linking.

If anyone has ever come across this before, or grasps the concepts of the other posts better than I do, please reply.

Thanks,

Abs_01
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2005, 03:01:33 by Abs_01 »

Offline Abs_01

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Custom Vehicle Anim Warps People
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2005, 03:00:17 »
Hey. I solved the topic.

Initially I loaded mc tankistae2.p3d, and moved on from there. Later on, I loaded one of the static rtm's to work from, and it solved the problem.

Thanks go out those who looked at this post with the intent to help.

Abs_01