Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Welcoming Black Op's (idea)  (Read 1149 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Welcoming Black Op's (idea)
« on: 20 Aug 2005, 18:55:20 »
Okay your on the island of Nogova. as a black OP you parachute in alone, and there is an enemy beach head fortified by the Russians, and there is an attack going to take place there in about an hour.

Your mission befor they arrive: You'll be in command of 3 other different units (via Radio). 1st unit is by him self, he's going to be assisting you at the Nogova bridge, and theres a total of 5 shilkas there. Player destroys 3 and the unit 1 destorys 2.

The 2nd unit, unit 2 has 2 black ops. There job is to destory 2 T80 tanks in a different location not too far from the bridge. (call them in by via radio when your ready)

The 3rd unit is by them selves also, incharge of blowing up 2 more tanks. Basically all the units will be destroying tanks to weakin the Russians defense capabilities.  

***INTRO***
havent thought of one yet

*****MISSION*****
Havent thought of anything more to spice the mission up to give it more atmosphere. Besides what I have.

***OUTRO****
No outro thought of yet.

Possibly if some one could assist me with there opinions, please keep them as short as you can and straight to the point but also saying what you want to say.. Thanks everyone..
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

HOBOMAN

Re:Welcoming Black Op's (idea)
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2005, 22:32:41 »
Hey NightJay,
Haven't heard from you in a while, how have you been?
Your idea sounds like a good start maybe adding some laser designators and LGB bombing runs which you and your squad have to setup. Maybe also adding an objective to create a distraction like an explosion or something to draw the troops away. Then you have to toast some shilkas or something so the a10 can get it. Or did you want to have satchel charges instead? Also having a nice insertion (like halo, scuba, tractor :P) is always good.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2005, 06:45:11 »
**Hoboman***
hey what's up, I'm doing pretty good, just got back from a 2 night wedding, that was fun. Yeah I was at my sisters house so that's why I couldn't use my PC, but now I have it up and running again. Also I'm recieving a restore disc from HP so I can restore my PC because I lost it when I first got it, or I don't know if I even got one, anyway.

The distraction idea could work, having the troops leave the area, because where the shilkas are parked there is about 15 to 20 troops in the area with just you and another black op.  So maybe I could give those a try, but don't you think that this could just be another boring search and destory in enemy territory type mission, if I stick too it I would probably have to have a pretty good story line to it though.

Hey hoboman check out my ICQ number in my OFPEC profile, that's where you can contact me, other wise through email in my profile. Talk to you soon....Thanks   ;D
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2005, 22:39:11 »
well ive got an idea for the intro and mission and outro really

intro idea
shows the men talking to some officer around a table about the mission then shows them boarding a blackhawk or whatever they will be inserted by
then with Blancos cam script you show them inside the chopper
then using a fast loop script with the cam it shows the players face as he jumps out the chopper then ends when hes halfway down or when hes on the floor depends on what you prefer

mission idea
have some talking using voice acting makking you feel close to the other players but still so distant since you can hear them but dont know where they are to help with atmosphere
then have crickets and such noises giving the player the outdoor feel then have small towns with a few enemys in and a few small patrols

then once he reaches the bridge area aload of radio sounds
'This is Kilo black in position awating you go over.'
etc etc

thats pretty much it

outro idea
shows the men all rendevousing and boarding either a chopper wich somes in low and fast using snYpirs heli landing script with some heli dust actually showing the chopper coming in from the air
or boarding a boat and having them set of into the sun set to give a nice ending to the mission makes the player feel like theyve achieved something or so ive read from somewhere

anyway hope that helps a bit