Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hard questions lol  (Read 3287 times)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Hard questions lol
« Reply #15 on: 17 Aug 2005, 23:20:04 »
Look into the commands

disableAI
allowfleeing

Not sure if it will help.   You can't re-enable AI but you can check who is alive, and delete and replace them while the player isn't looking.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

exigent

« Reply #16 on: 18 Aug 2005, 00:31:51 »
But once the enemy start attacking, they still stay in the same postions? It works, but is there a way can i get them to take cover behind the convoy once ambushed?

@ - macguba - Sorry but what do i do with those? Or how do i enable them, sorry im new to editing lol.
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2005, 00:32:52 by exigent »

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #17 on: 18 Aug 2005, 00:41:11 »
As soon as the two commands I gave you are activated, the units should not move anymore.  Maybe you can set it up so that when the ambush starts, the men get out of the vehicles and run to their positions.  Then, once at their positions, you activate those commands so they don't move.  Something like this:

man1 domove getpos SomePos
@unitready man1
man1 disableAI "Target"
man1 disableAI "Move"

This isn't a solution, I'm just showing you an example of what you could try doing.

-Student Pilot

exigent

« Reply #18 on: 18 Aug 2005, 01:16:21 »
Ya you're right that can work  :o. But how can i make each soldier move the the exact location i want them to move (this being behind the 3 vehicles)?

Here is what else i need help with:

1. Having the blackops go crouch not prone.

2. Have them move to the exact location i want them to move (this being behind the vehicles).

3. Prevent the blackops from being ignorant and go right up to the enemy, i want them to stay put (not using the DisableAI Move), but move around a little bit to avoid enemy fire.

:)
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2005, 01:20:55 by exigent »

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #19 on: 18 Aug 2005, 02:01:50 »
you could try a looped domove command

#loop
unit domove pos_by_the_car
~5
goto "loop"

exigent

« Reply #20 on: 18 Aug 2005, 02:12:40 »
Huh? Sorry lol but i am not sure what to do with that? Let alone, idk even know what loop means :-[ :P lol.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #21 on: 18 Aug 2005, 14:59:23 »
Read

Abuu's basic editing tutorial
snYpir's Friendly Intro to Code Snippets
Johan Gustafsson's Scripting tutorial

in that order.    Then the last few posts will become much clearer.   ;)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

bored_onion

« Reply #22 on: 18 Aug 2005, 15:41:36 »
A wee couple of thoughts...

it definitely sounds like your trying to create a shoot out scenario using objects for cover - which is in itself no bad thing. however, flashpoint is a military combat simulator and was never really intended for close/mid quarters fighting like in an FPS. therefore, the problems you will encounter whilst trying to make men duck by cars are probably solvable with some really clever scripts but probably unsurmountable without at least a working knowledge of editing and scripting. the mission sounds cool but my friendly recommendation would be to put it on ice until youve got more basic stuff sorted. otherwise you will be wading against a tide of terminology and syntax which will just make things harder to solve if stuff goes wrong.

I could be wrong. You might solve it tomorrow  :-X but this isnt all easy stuff sometimes.

exigent

« Reply #23 on: 18 Aug 2005, 16:23:54 »
Lol i do agree with you, but hey i think the mission is very cool. I mean when i duck behind the cars i could shoot the people with no problem. It's just that when my team runs up to them one by one, the convoy get's over run :-\.

Thanks for your info everyone i'll try it out, and report back :).

exigent

« Reply #24 on: 18 Aug 2005, 16:51:21 »
Aright must of that stuff i already knew, i'm sorry but that was just a waste of time. Maybe the Snypir's tut would have tought me stuff but i don't want to learn all that, i'm to busy. Johan Gustafsson's Scripting tutorial was the same.

TriggerHappy - Do you want me to put that into sqs file? If so do you want me to activiate through a trigger after?

dan ick

« Reply #25 on: 18 Aug 2005, 18:33:41 »
Hi again,

[Aright must of that stuff i already knew, i'm sorry but that was just a waste of time. Maybe the Snypir's tut would have tought me stuff but i don't want to learn all that, i'm to busy. Johan Gustafsson's Scripting tutorial was the same.]

Unfortunately you will have to learn all of this stuff,as you will get nowhere without it.All i did was read the tuts a few times and it startedn to click into place,i also just read page after page of forum threads and you can find dangerously useful info by looking through the forum.Or if you are looking for a specific thing then you can use the search,I thought i new a bit but compared to most members on this site i know diddly squat.Dont know how but you will have to make time to learn, if you want to make exciting missions. :P

Anyway,did you want to see your men run into position,cause if not,you could use the setmarkerpos command and move them directly onto markers in the exact place although i have not really used this command much,so dont know how pinpoint it is to the marker.
Also you could maybe run a small cutscene or a blackout to hide them being zapped into position.

Something like this:

unitname setpos (getmarkerpos "markername")

Obviously you have to put a marker with a name wher you want him to be.
But if you want to see them run into place this is of no use.

Hope it helps matey :-\

Dan

exigent

« Reply #26 on: 18 Aug 2005, 19:40:38 »
@ dan ick - Wow that was cool, it worked! :o I placed a trigger for them to go there, but i don't like using the countdown thing (how can i make once they detect the enemy they move there?

Also if anyone knows how to use this method by running it work be cool ;D.

Thanks dan ick. :)

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #27 on: 19 Aug 2005, 00:43:24 »
exigent yes my code would run in an sqs
you would just call it whenever you needed them to go, and i could add an extra line that would make them stop when you want them to
the advantage of mine would be that they would actually run to their spots
obviously you would change the pos_by_the_car to the position you needed, like getmarkerpos "markername" or getpos jeepname or something similar

exigent

« Reply #28 on: 19 Aug 2005, 02:06:46 »
Sorry but what do you mean "i can get them to stop when i want them to"? I would like them to run there and not move at all if you can do that?

obviously you would change the pos_by_the_car to the position you needed, like getmarkerpos "markername" or getpos jeepname or something similar

What do you mean? Here is what i think you want me to do.

1. Make a sqs file with that code inside it.

2. Make markers behind the cars for where i want the people to go.

3. Name each marker and change "pos_by_the_car" (in the sqs file) to the name of the marker.

Am i correct so far or do i change/add/remove anything else? Also would it work if i put the "namehere.sqs" in a trigger (i.e. - guy1 exec. namehere.sqs)?

Just to make sure, they will run to the marker postion? ;D
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2005, 02:10:03 by exigent »

dan ick

« Reply #29 on: 19 Aug 2005, 15:59:41 »
hi matey,

Try putting a gamelogic down where you want them to go or suppose you could use the markers or whatever you like anyway.

unitname move position gamelogicname or markername

Also if you want them to face a set direction try

unitname setdir 90 (or whatever direction you want 180,100 etc....).

Although dont know how well they will do at being dead on the gl or marker.Its just a thought anyway.

Dan. :-*