Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Where is my comment????...  (Read 1204 times)

funkster

Where is my comment????...
« on: 12 Aug 2005, 16:45:36 »
Hey all,

Downloaded maguba's very impressive Un-impossible mission, and I wanted to post a comment at the end, however, there is no section to do so. The reason is, (just to be a smart-arse!) you may think this mission is perfect, but hah - I caught you out maguba - I found a bug. Actually, it probably only happens on my cpu but the error message keeps coming up -  "_h |#|reveal_x - error unknown operator reveal", so there you go - scrap the whole thing and start again  :P !,
LOL, I just thought u are sucha perfectionist u would probably want to know and discover what the flaw is....

But absolutley grand mission it is...got to the hill, even comandeered a tank for a while - but I keep dying. I think Im up to the challenge, we'll see!

funkster
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2005, 16:45:55 by funkster »

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:Where is my comment????...
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2005, 16:49:40 »
Umm.. I can comment on the un-impressive just fine. Look for a 'Add comment' link at the very top of the page, after the last comment.. or maybe that too is a bug only on your cpu  ;)

* Artak points a finger at macguba and does an evil laugh  ;D
Not all is lost.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2005, 01:16:15 »
Lol... hate to burst your bubble guys, but that's an ECP bug ;D

...but we'll get you Macca, and your little dog too!

funkster

« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2005, 02:25:43 »
Dah...Lol, I suspected that might be an ECP bug. Anyway, there was no option to 'post comment' on the review page like there usually is! Maybe the comments are closed or someth..?

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2005, 03:30:57 »
Prolly the code is pooping on itself. As usual. ::) :P

IM Mac for results. ;)

...but we'll get you Macca, and your little dog too!
Been watching some oldies huh? :o ;D

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2005, 03:52:56 »
You should be able to Comment on it: plenty of folk have.

Very pleased to hear about the ECP bug:   this is no reveal command in the mission (that would have contravened the self imposed design rules) so for a moment I was very confused.    At the time of publication this was the most heavily beta tested mission ever produced so I'm reasonably confident there are no bugs in it.  If there is one, though, you're right - I would want to hear about it.

It is a serious challenge and I have not beaten it although others have.    If you've got up The Hill and changed the flag that's when it starts to get difficult    If you really get stuck there are some tips knocking around and if needs be I can point you in the right direction.    

the un-impressive
;D  Yeah yeah.  You can call it that when you've beaten it.    ::)   *sweeps cloak over face and exits stage left, praying nobody poars a bucket of water over me.*

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play