Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SOAR blackhawk with minigun  (Read 1791 times)

TAPNKEGS

SOAR blackhawk with minigun
« on: 12 Oct 2002, 01:11:46 »

I downloaded the standard looking blackhawk that someone did that had a minigun instead of the 50cal. looked and sounded fantastic. Does anyone know if this could be incorporated in the SOAR version (black) of the blackhawk that was done. I know this should really be addressed between the 2 creators merging the idea, but for curiosity sake i was wondering if it could be done like rearming a soldier....customizable weapons on vehicles might be a good project..... or maybe i've been eating too much paste in art class.   In any case if a SOAR version blackhawk with a minigun exists if someone would direct me on where to find it, i would be grateful .  thanks all

Eviscerator

Re:SOAR blackhawk with minigun
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2002, 01:16:00 »
yeah, the team who made the SOAR blackhawk (TJP) is now known as Ballistic Addon Studio's, we will be making a new version, although not using the demo model this time, we are making a brand new blackhawk model

TAPNKEGS

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2002, 01:20:04 »
i think i read about this, you were having trouble finding 3 view schematics for the model. Ballistic is making some HIGH quality stuff and a Blackhawk from scratch is going to be quite a feat. Good luck to you EVIS

LimeCordial

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2002, 12:59:32 »
where to get that blackhawk with minigun??  ???

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2002, 13:12:36 »
Thanks for the kind words about my heli addon, it can be found at @war, and ofp-zone.de

The BAS MH-60 will feature a completely re-worked version of the minigun, as well as lots of other high definition features, including all the electronics fit as on the MH-60's.

As Evis said he is making a new BlackHawk model, as the demo one is c**p, so hold on and the good stuff will start to appear from BAS.

Cheers

TAPNKEGS

« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2002, 17:25:10 »
the strange thing about this heli is that i first saw the minigun on a "black" blackhawk on a picture on the "ofp.de"...i don't remember the exact http but it was on the german site, and when i downloaded it, it was the standard green blackhawk....anyone else see this?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2002, 17:39:59 »
Yep, sorry bout that

when i took the screen shot, i compressed it in size, this caused the contrast to darken, and the picture to look black.

Now I am "incharge" of putting the minigun onto the BAS MH-60, it will be black, and it will be a propper MH-60L.

So as somebody in the SEB Vietman Pack 2 thread said:

"Patiece is a virtue, be patient, and it will come."

so hold on and it'll be out in a few weeks.

TAPNKEGS

« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2002, 19:28:35 »
tis not a problem, for a quality add-on I am willing to wait what it takes, thanks for the clarification.

erfworm

« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2002, 22:08:25 »
Will the new model be the modern day Blackhawk? Like the Blackhawk in Black Hawk Down. I noticed the BIS version looks a lot less "fatter" than the newer version today, but then again BIS made it for the 80's...

Eviscerator

« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2002, 22:49:02 »
there has been no change in the body shape since 1979, the only changes have been to the engine and internal avionics changes, what im guessing was in BHD (havent seen it) was an MH-60L, the first blackhawk version was the UH-60A, in 1989 the US army decided to upgrade it to the UH-60L with engine changes, the MH-60L upgrade just takes a bog standard UH-60L and refits the interior and cockpit, adds the refueling boom and flir (and other things), they can be built from scratch but still look the same, so basically the uh-60 ingame should look exactly like a modern blackhawk....only it doesnt :) which is why we are making a new model

erfworm

« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2002, 23:05:03 »
COOOL! ;D

JFK

« Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2002, 21:39:42 »
i think there has been some changes to the door configuration sine the 80's, because back then rappling was not commen practise, when it became so, the doors were modified to accomendate this. thats all the chagne i know of